StumbleUpon - traffic generator?

By : Forum Member
Published 10th April 2016 |
Read latest comment - 9th March 2017

HI FRIENDS OF MLSs 

i have finally found something worthy of a share I can't tell you how many times I've written out something and not posted it either due to confidence or just thinking its of no relevance but this time I will post becouse for some this may help. I found an app called stumbled upon its free you have to set up a quick account and then you can start posting URLs.

These could be your website addresses recommended website addresses that you want to recommend and blog posts too. I posted late Friday night after a poor days traffic and I awoke to over 300 views on the blog and website. I'm still not 100% on the apps rules to self promo but was told its ok just as long as you do not spam just with your own URLs but it works and could either increase traffic or create a sale depending 

now I bet I'm going to get told off for mentioning an app lol I hope not its a gooden and was given to me by a free lance journalist to use 

English bulldog collectibles
Bulldog Blog
Comments

Came across that a while ago now .. I used it for a bit myself ,but I think it is more of a gimmick for passing the time as I only clicked and moved on to the next 

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

lol made me chuckle Ave. No right or wrongs here mate, knock yourself out

StumbleUpon has been around for a while, had a little dabble and did add it to the social media bar that shows up in your post, but no one seemed to click it, at least forum or directory wise.

But a lot of people swear by it, so maybe it works better for niche or novelty type things. If it's generating traffic and promotion, what's not to like.

Be interesting to see how your getting on 3,6 months down the line and how it's worked out for you.

Any more nuggets like that, then fire away! 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Not sure why it's up top now!!! I suffer with a disorder called emotional intensity disorder Steve I have done for years now it hampers my everyday life from day to day chores to right though to not starting a business my anxiety levels go through the roof on the smallest of things I must of been in a good place to of posted lol

lol made me chuckle Ave. No right or wrongs here mate, knock yourself out

StumbleUpon has been around for a while, had a little dabble and did add it to the social media bar that shows up in your post, but no one seemed to click it, at least forum or directory wise.

But a lot of people swear by it, so maybe it works better for niche or novelty type things. If it's generating traffic and promotion, what's not to like.

Be interesting to see how your getting on 3,6 months down the line and how it's worked out for you.

Any more nuggets like that, then fire away! 

Bulldog Blog

Came across that a while ago now .. I used it for a bit myself ,but I think it is more of a gimmick for passing the time as I only clicked and moved on to the next ”

I was given the app by a journalist trying to help me with my web issues I'm hitting just under 200 views a day it's why I offer external links I like playing with traffic finding new free ways of getting it but it's just visitors and not sales. Want one? 

Bulldog Blog

firstly hi Steve and co hope alls well, Steve my views today supassed yesterdays and I waited to midnight to get figures. Ok so I left it at 281 views looking at over 300 of my pages and this jump is mostly due to the app. I believe it's better used for blog posts so comes my second part 

cheers ave 

Bulldog Blog

Hi Ave, I've renamed your thread as it's primarily about Stumbleupon and could be really useful to future visitors, I also moved your last post over to this thread.

Interesting numbers, so it's obviously working for you.

Steve Richardson

Hi Ave, I've renamed your thread as it's primarily about Stumbleupon and could be really useful to future visitors, I also moved your last post over to this thread.

Interesting numbers, so it's obviously working for you.”

As I'm not a bizzy I cannot say if it works for everyone but when I blog post my views shot right up and peak for around an hour or so, lasts nights was 311. This is why I suggested doing business blogs for folks and see what kind of response it has and if site ends up staying up I would love to start guest blogging if poss 

Bulldog Blog

I tried it before but I think it's not for me, it's kinda boring

redstone

I tried it before but I think it's not for me, it's kinda boring”

Did you see any interaction from it? How long did you give it, was it days, weeks or months? Just curious about peoples feedback. 

I never got much from it, but to be fair I never really gave it a good enough go.

Steve Richardson

This Thread is now closed for comments