Drink Driving

By : Forum Regular
Published 27th April 2016 |
Read latest comment - 4th May 2016

Well our friends accross the border in Scotland reduced the drink driving limit to 22mgs of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath. In England we are allowed 35mll.

The lower limit equates to less than 1 pint of normal strength beer. A few people either side of the border have been caught out by this change. Driving south you will pass the test, going north you could get a hefty fine and a 12 month ban if you have drunk a single pint. 

here is my dilemma, if the scots are going to make their own laws in Scotland should they be allowed to ban me from driving in England if I blow under the 35ml English limit? 

Is it fair to be the subject of differing criminal legislation in two distinct areas of the same country? 

What happens if you get lost, take a wrong turn and accidentally wander up McJockey Face Sporan Pants road... Having consumed a whole pint of Cumbrians finest, would a poor sense of direction be a good defence. 

Before anyone asks I don't drink and drive in any country  but in the course of my day job I have been given some great excuses that include "I thought the limit was only in force Monday to Friday" "I mixed my units and got confused between pints and litres" and my all time favourite "she said she would drive, the bitch got drunk so I had to drive us home even though she knew I was pissed" "how is that my fault" 

Thanks,
Ray Priestley
Comments

hahahaha next time use a sat nav then you wont get lost ..

Seriously drink driving is not a good idea these days ,I think back in horror as a 18 - 23 year old often driving blind drunk ,I was just lucky enough never to have had a accident or get caught ..

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Interesting point.

I guess it would be treated the same as coming in/out of France, dont they have a different limit?

What happens if you get caught d/d in a foreign Country?

Clive

This Thread is now closed for comments