Hobby website

By : Entrepreneur
Published 10th May 2010 |
Read latest comment - 11th May 2010

Dear Peers

I'd like to create a website of my Bonsai Trees, it would be heavy on pictures (for obvious reasons) and would also contain written help and info. It will NOT generate any income (that is not why I want to do it) so I would like to be able to set it up for as less money as possible.

Could some dear soul hold my hand and tell me how to go about doing this please?

Thank you in advance

Mike

bonsai passion
Comments
How about a free wordpress site? Find a suitable theme or pay a small amount for a slightly better one....

I'm no webby and I'm sure one of the geeks can advise better.

Credit-Manager.Net

Thanks Sean, not sure what that is but thanks anyway.

Mike

bonsai passion

Kipper will be able to point you in the right direction on that one.. you know these web design peeps.. sitting at their desks with the lamps on all day

Credit-Manager.Net

Mike

Kip put me onto ezpz hosting they have some good deals or if you don't mind where the site is hosted I use Web Hosting World

Both have wordpress with self install which means you could be up and running in minutes.

HTH

tomsk

.. you know these web design peeps.. sitting at their desks with the lamps on all day

No offence taken.

...Kip put me onto ezpz hosting they have some good deals or if you don't mind where the site is hosted I use Web Hosting World

Both have wordpress with self install which means you could be up and running in minutes...

True but if you're not too clear on that side of things I would suggest you go via Wordpress.com (as opposed to Wordpress.org) site so that you don't have to worry about hosting or pay anything as it's free and far easier to setup. There is a compromise on what you can achieve design wise, but I would have thought it would serve it's purpose? The pros and cons are well laid out here>>WordPress.com vs. WordPress.org

Thanks all.

Mike

bonsai passion

This Thread is now closed for comments