Care Homes!

By : Forum Member
Published 4th November 2016

There has been so much speculation and fuss over the past couple of years now about Care home assistance,it really does make me mad that they are discussing the issues regarding banning the visiting of family and friends of residents due to the complaining of care. 

I mean the poor old aged residents have probably had a hard enough life as it is without care homes banning them from seeing loved ones. At the end of the day a large number of the resident's families pay for the care and expect good results from what they are investing money in to. Care homes can be very expensive depending on the quality of care and assistance provided. If families are paying huge sums of money for their relatives to be looked after then of course they have the right to complain if they feel that the standard is slipping!

A source from the BBC expressed:

'He says one of his complaints was that on weekly visits, he rarely found his father's hearing aids to be working'. 

His father has cancer and is blind and partly deaf; the elderly man is in an unfit condition to check that for himself therefore the carers should be there to assist and guide. 

It is so frustrating in my opinion knowing that all these elderly people may be being neglected right now and we are not even aware. I know not all care homes are like this, my sister works in a care home herself and she works with some amazing people and does take good care of the residents,so I am not slating this topic as an overall because there are two sides to every story.

However on a looking in point of view, I think that elderly people are our older generation and we have a duty to look after them like they have looked after us. 

Every business or organisation deals with complaints on a daily basis; it is how those complaints are dealt with that make the business/organisation stronger as a whole. By dealing with a complaint in a manner that is going to cause more uprising and problems is the wrong way to go about it. It is not going to make you stronger and is certainly not going to guarantee you happy customers that are paying you to do your job correctly. 

Thanks, Rachael Kennedy
MLS Marketing Team
Comments
This Thread is now closed for comments