Thats it then!

By : Forum Member
Published 9th November 2016 |
Read latest comment - 9th November 2016

Trump wins the election!

And there were only 46 votes in it After a long battle for Donald Trump and Hilary Clinton- Trump takes the win and has now, should we say been honoured the title of the 45th President of the United States. 

So will what will he do first: According to the BBC:

First 100 days:

"Starting process of "removing the more than two million criminal, illegal immigrants"

Denying visa-free travel to countries who refused to take back their citizens

Repealing every Obama executive order

Restrictions on White House officials becoming lobbyists

Term limits for members of Congress Cancellation of all payments to UN climate change programmes

Using that money to fix US infrastructure

Label China a currency manipulator"

There has been so much fuss and worrying over this election; is it a good thing that the election is over? Does it mean no more feud for the US, or is it all only just beginning?

Thanks, Rachael Kennedy
MLS Marketing Team
Comments

You've beaten me to it! 

What I didn't realise was unlike our PM, he won't actually take over until 20 Jan 2017. So does that mean he's got 10 weeks to watch the House of Cards or the West Wing to find out how all this politics stuff works?

Or will he hot desk with Obama? Maybe he'll go on a brickie course so he can start building his Mexican wall. As a businessman, I wonder if the Whitehouse will be rebranded?

Maybe Trump HQ? Trumpton Town Hall?

With Boris as the UK Foreign Secretary, and President Trump saying the first thing that comes into his head, I think they are going to make Prince Phillip look like a diplomatic genius.

It's going to be an interesting 4 years, hopefully we will all still be around to appreciate it 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

With the Republicans now also having a majority in the Senate and House of Representatives he's going to have an easier time than Obama.  If unsuccessful, then he'll go to war somewhere in the world to try and hide his failings.  Maybe his first overseas trip will be to Germany to see the walls that have been built by some villages, to segregate the immigrants.

As with the result, perhaps he will surprise/shock us all and do something about that hair......

Felt sorry for his young son, looked like he wanted to be anywhere but on stage with his father.  Wonder what The Last Leg will make of it all.  US election special 10pm tonight Channel 4.

JuliaP

His son looked shattered didn't he! I defiantly agree with the hair, it is probably the only good thing he could contribute; a hair cut  

With no experience in politics at all, I guess its time to prepare ourselves for what is to come

Thanks, Rachael Kennedy
MLS Marketing Team

So what will he do first?

Nuke Putin.. Although now one of the most powerful men in the world, probably was anyway otherwise he wouldn't have been elected, money gives you power.... He is pretty powerless, he cannot just do what he wants, what ever he wants to do he will always need the backing of congress.... This is why the gun laws will never change and Obama hit a brick wall trying to change it and the same applied to nations healthcare policy.... So whatever he wants to do he will always need people to say "Yes sir Mr President" Otherwise it is just hot air...

Thanks,
Barney

He is pretty powerless, he cannot just do what he wants, what ever he wants to do he will always need the backing of congress...

Unlike Obama, he has the backing of Congress. But after watching the House of Cards, I suspect Kevin Spacey's character is a more realistic window into the behind the scenes manipulation, and how power is really handled.

With no political experience or understanding how to play the game, he could just become a puppet, manipulated and manoeuvred by people who have been playing the game for years.  

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

money gives you power....
Money gives him people by the sounds of it as well. Money is all that matters these days; if you have money that's it, anyone is your friend, or your votes in this case

Thanks, Rachael Kennedy
MLS Marketing Team

This Thread is now closed for comments