Is your website safe?

By : Forum Member
Published 14th December 2016 |
Read latest comment - 14th May 2017

We all know that hacking is possible when it comes to websites,social media sites etc however we tend to underestimate how dangerous hacking can actually be for a business; even a small business. 

Recent news have released a story this morning stating that a 17 year old boy was able to hack in the company 'TalkTalk' and access all the information. A 17 year old boy! Just makes you think that if a 17 year old is able to hack in to a large company like 'TalkTalk' then what could someone with more should we say 'hacking experience' do?!

ITV news reported:

While he did not exploit the information for monetary gain, the TalkTalk website was targeted more than 14,000 times after the boy exposed the vulnerability.

He told magistrates "I was just showing off to my mates" as he admitted seven hacking offences.

Telecoms giant TalkTalk fell victim to what it described as a "significant and sustained" attack on its website in October 2015 and the firm said the fallout from the cyber attack cost it £42 million.

My advice to you all make sure your webpages are of high security! I really wouldn't it to cost you as much money and hassle.

Thanks, Rachael Kennedy
MLS Marketing Team
Comments

searched and found this: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-check-if-a-web-site-is-safe/

redstone

My advice to you all make sure your webpages are of high security! I really wouldn't it to cost you as much money and hassle.

”

Definitely. We're considering  to get a web security scanner  to help us detect possible attack and prevent from being hacked.

springboard

This Thread is now closed for comments