Fake news webpages...

By : Forum Member
Published 30th January 2017 |
Read latest comment - 2nd February 2017

As we all know there are plenty of apparent news stories published all over social media every day. With headlines such as 'Must read' or 'Breaking news' it should really be clear most of the information written is untruthful. 

It has been brought to parliaments attention and will be discussed further for a resolution to the problem. The negative of the matter being that with unreliable posts being shared via social media, it reaches out to billions of people therefore resulting in a lot of people reading false news and believing it.  

Damian Collins, chairman of the committee, said the trend was "a threat to democracy and undermines confidence in the media in general".

The Conservative MP for Folkestone and Hythe said: "Just as major tech companies have accepted they have a social responsibility to combat piracy online and the illegal sharing of content, they also need to help address the spreading of fake news on social media platforms

Personally I do see a lot of this on social media platforms, and it needs to be stopped to be honest because not only is the information on the links false but the webpages it takes you to, from your Facebook or Twitter page are full of spam links and re directions on to loads of inappropriate sites. 

It is actually surprising people find the information to be true because of how the sites look

Just something to be careful of.

Thanks, Rachael Kennedy
MLS Marketing Team
Comments

i do see a lot of this on Facebook, it is so disappointing that they have not done anything to stop it. I hope they address this issue asap before everyone becomes stupid. LOL

redstone

I know i agree! Its terrible and its putting journalists to shame 

Thanks, Rachael Kennedy
MLS Marketing Team

Having run forums for years I thought this was normal? 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments