What do you use in updating employee records?

By : Forum Member
Published 22nd February 2017 |
Read latest comment - 23rd March 2017

What do you use in updating employee records? Is there a tool or software that could manage/track employee's profiles including the identification, responsibilities, authorities, training and certification requirements for each employee? Any suggestions on what to use?

paverknot
Comments

Hi there

I use something called Share point - I store company hand books , training manuals etc. Its one of the Office 365 suite of products. But it sounds like you need a small CRM system. Sales People use it a lot but you can adapt to store and up date your employees details. The one I have used before is Really Simple Systems or you can just google and see what comes up 

Thanks,
Office Susann

Interesting - I came from a small family company and we did not have the budget for apps or software - anyway, there are so many to choose from! A lot of the software are so different in terms of what they offer, the functions and so on. 

What I really need is to be able to identify which employees have attended what training and who have not attended a training that is required for them. We have a lot of programs and it's not for everyone. I guess, it can be a training tracking software? I saw one online made by Versesolutions. Does anyone have experience with this? just so I can get information on how it is being used? or feedback on how it is? 

paverknot

I saw one online made by Versesolutions. Does anyone have experience with this? just so I can get information on how it is being used? or feedback on how it is? ”

I'd steer clear of them. Anyone where you have to call them for pricing means expensive and out of reach for your minimal budget. 

Small CRM system as already suggested is the way forward. Work out your budget and then google CRM. Most will give you a trial, most will do the job, functionality and presentation will be down to your local requirements and preference.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

You can use something as simple as a spreadsheet but if you're looking for something that has all the bells and whistles, there are employee training software. 

redstone

This Thread is now closed for comments