School holidays - what is your strategy?

By : Forum Moderator
Published 17th July 2019 |
Read latest comment - 10th August 2019

Hello to the fellow parents who are also running  a business. The school holidays start here on Friday.

This year my business is busier and more full on so I can't get away with working evenings only, plus my children are NOT good at going to bed in any case! So I have a plan!

I will be working 3 days a week: my childminder is having them for 2 days and my parents for one. Then we can spend 2 quality days together having fun and I won't be resenting the fact I can't work hopefully!

How do you cope? 

Comments

My days of school holidays are over ... I just look forward to the quieter roads while schools are off

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

My days of school holidays are over ... I just look forward to the quieter roads while schools are off”

Haha yes the traffic is really affected I guess! I have just invested ia lot of wet weather gear for the kids hoping it'll make our holiday in Wales a bit drier...we shall see!

My first born starts school in September. I’m a business in its infancy,  so I guess I will assess where my business is when the holidays arrive. I’ve never really given school holidays much thought, now I’m thinking oh my word, how do people do it?

Carrieholidayfixer

My first born starts school in September. I’m a business in its infancy,  so I guess I will assess where my business is when the holidays arrive. I’ve never really given school holidays much thought, now I’m thinking oh my word, how do people do it?”

What do you use as childcare now? Can you use that in the holidays? As that's basically what I do for some of the time. Use my childminder. Otherwise I'd be working nights. Haha. 

In the upcoming winter vacation, I have to go to a place with a normal temperature, the weather should be warmer and not too cold with clear air. After studying school holidays it is fun to walk somewhere.

Mobile Traffic for Your Website
zoeyallen6

This Thread is now closed for comments