Good news thread!

By : Forum Moderator
Published 17th April 2020 |
Read latest comment - 30th November 2020

So I thought it would be great to have a thread of good news as we all need it, whether it's personal or national.

I'm sure you all saw Captain Tom and his incredible 100 laps of his garden with his walking frame to celebrate his 100th birthday. He raised in excess of £15 million and it's still going up. AMAZING!

A lady of 106 was released from hospital after beating the virus Covid-19. Incredible.

On a personal level my business has its biggest month in March, and I think it's important to note that people are still spending and there is money out there. Don't give up. 

Have you got any good news to share? 

Comments

I'm saving a fortune in fuel and the suns shining, that's about all I can muster for now

There's been a spate of NHS related fundraising events following on from the amazing Captain Tom (or as Lenny Henry said, we need to promote him to Major ).

I donated to one being managed by a business owner I know, Pete Wharton. His 7 year old has been doing a Garden Marathon, 420 laps  Herbies Garden Marathon Challenge

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

That's brilliant! Go him. I do PE with Joe Wicks every morning and that's raised nearly £92k in advertising revenue for the NHS, which is amazing. 

Thank you for sharing! This is very interesting information for me.

Thanks,
Liollry

Wow! This is indeed good news. Thanks for making a thread like this, it made my day.

redstone

Wow! This is indeed good news. Thanks for making a thread like this, it made my day.

Yeah, it's indeed good news. 

Thanks,
Saber

This Thread is now closed for comments