Have you ever bought digital services from marketing agencies/freelancers?

By : Forum Member
Published 17th June 2020 |
Read latest comment - 26th June 2020

Have you ever bought digital services from marketing agencies/freelancers? If yes, how was your experience? If not, why not?

Ibra
Comments

Not really as I do my marketing myself and I enjoy using social media. If I was going to I would only use someone I knew or who was referred to me by a trusted person. I would never use a random person I found online. It's too risky. 

Have I, No.

Would I? Yes.

The issue with this field though, as so many, is that there are too many 'have a go hero's'. I have run X Y Z campaign, or my personal twitter feed has x,000 of followers.

What would I want to see from any agency, or freelancer on this.

- Engagement statistics.

- ROI statistics.

- Cost Benefit Analysis.

If your social media strategy is to be visible, set up a bot and post via that. It's a solid strategy, after all, who wouldn't check a company was legit but reviewing their social platforms, it is just common sense. However, if you are paying someone just to be visible and don't satisfy the above three elements. I think you have a strategy misalignment.

Thanks,
James - Akcela

Have you ever bought digital services from marketing agencies/freelancers? If yes, how was your experience? If not, why not?”

Yes and Yes.

Marketing agencies, overrated, expensive and after the pitch you get the junior odd bod sat in the corner using your business as a training exercise.

Freelancers, a different kettle of fish. This can range from an amateur still learning their craft, full of blag and blarney, to an established expert, who will be very expensive, know their stuff, win your business, then behind the scenes assign you the junior odd bod sat in the corner using your business as a training exercise.

Maybe it was just me 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Haha oh dear Steve!! That's not good. I know some great ones marketing agencies now. I love doing my own though, so I wouldn't want to outsource a lot of it.