I feel sad of them.

By redstone : Forum Member
Published 15th December 2020 | Last comment 11th February 2021
Comments

We’ve got 20 off with the virus at the bus depot, drivers, cleaners and canteen staff....... no managerial staff though..... can’t really fathom out the government position as the company I work fork is heavily subsidised by the government/ taxpayers....... government says compulsory to wear face coverings on public transport.... Dept of transport and company says, drivers cannot enforce this...... government says in recent advertising..... Bending  the rules will cost lives.... can see some legal claims heading their way...

Thanks,
Barney

We’ve got 20 off with the virus at the bus depot, drivers, cleaners and canteen staff.......”

My mates just recovered after a bad bout of it, he's a bus driver in Swindon. I do wonder when I look at all the empty buses driving round what the point of them is. Maybe they are on a reduced schedule, and the lack of cars makes them see more frequent, but there does seem to be a lot of empty buses trundling round all day long.

But you would think few people would be deliberately confrontational when asked politely to put a mask on, but we know every village has its idiot.

I walked into Tescos on autopilot the other day not wearing a mask. A young female member of staff challenged me straight away, politely but firmly, making feel a right pratt and left me apologising profusely. 

Anyone should have the confidence to confront someone not wearing a mask, as long as it's done politely.

I'm getting tired of Union or leftie led ramblings of its not our job. It's everyone's job. If you are on a bus, it's just a much up to you as a passenger as it is the driver. The virus couldn't give two hoots what is say is in the HR policy or Union guidelines. IMHO 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments