Back to school, back to work?

By : Forum Moderator
Published 8th March 2021 |
Read latest comment - 26th March 2021

Are you happy today that the children are back?

I think most people have a sense of relief and the children are definitely ready to be back.

However, it's also completely normal to have some anxiety or worry about it.

I know in my case the children are nervous so I will feel better when I know whether they've had a great day.

It's been a long time off, especially for younger ones. My son is only 4 and has only had a term of school so he just can't remember that he really enjoys it.

I think there are elements of guilt for me as well as we didn't do much homeschooling and also I feel like we could have made even more of the time off, which was really a sort of gift as you'd never usually get that time with your kids.

But for the most part, let's face it has been very difficult at times. I know for us that behaviour has deteriorated and they are in desperate need of social interaction with peers and a structured school day.

So enjoy you days but remember don't just fill them with work, have some long awaited me time as well!

Long live school and let's hope this time they stay open! Because remote learning is the pits!

Comments

lol I used that same image this morning on my FB page

It's been a tough slog, the kids have been superb and credit to my missus who this time round agreed to do the lions share of the homeschooling. But I think all of us breathed a sigh of relief this morning when we left for school. Just about get them back into the routine and its the Easter break 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Great minds! Hahaha 

lol I used that same image this morning on my FB page

It's been a tough slog, the kids have been superb and credit to my missus who this time round agreed to do the lions share of the homeschooling. But I think all of us breathed a sigh of relief this morning when we left for school. Just about get them back into the routine and its the Easter break 

Yip , now that the Grand kids are living with us.. I can't say I am not worried about him getting the virus and passing it onto us. I have been so careful this past year , I don't want to catch it now this way

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

In India second wave spread all over the country, Particular state government ordered to all the schools are shutting down in the coming days. 

Steve Good,
GWC India Pvt Ltd

Are you happy today that the children are back?

I think most people have a sense of relief and the children are definitely ready to be back.

However, it's also completely normal to have some anxiety or worry about it.

I know in my case the children are nervous so I will feel better when I know whether they've had a great day.

It's been a long time off, especially for younger ones. My son is only 4 and has only had a term of school so he just can't remember that he really enjoys it.

I think there are elements of guilt for me as well as we didn't do much homeschooling and also I feel like we could have made even more of the time off, which was really a sort of gift as you'd never usually get that time with your kids.

But for the most part, let's face it has been very difficult at times. I know for us that behaviour has deteriorated and they are in desperate need of social interaction with peers and a structured school day.

So enjoy you days but remember don't just fill them with work, have some long awaited me time as well!

Long live school and let's hope this time they stay open! Because remote learning is the pits!

In my opinion. Face to face is better than Virtual.

redstone

This Thread is now closed for comments