LinkedIn data risk - change password

By : Administrator
Published 4th October 2021 |
Read latest comment - 27th March 2022

I had an alert over the weekend from the security website, haveibeenpwned.com If you're not signed up, I recommend it, and it notifies you when any of your personal data may be at risk.

It seems my email was part of the big hack attack earlier this year, along with the following info from LinkedIn:
Education levels, Email addresses, Genders, Geographic locations, Job titles, Names, Social media profiles

So strongly recommend anyone changes their password, and as usual, never use the same email/password combination on multiple sites. 

News on the original hack here: Hackers scraped data from 500 million LinkedIn users

LinkedIn response to the scraped data:  an-update-from-linkedin

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

Countless thanks Steve for bringing the protective issue before us. If my mail is set up with two step verification method, can they hack my information? Usually I use two step verification for all of my accounts. 

Thanks,
Paul0207

Endless expresses gratitude toward Steve for bringing the defensive issue before us. In the event that my mail is set up with two stage confirmation strategy, would they be able to hack my data? Typically I utilize two stage check for my records as a whole.

Thanks,
mikefias

Two factor authentication will always be more secure than not using it, but its not infallible. Unique and complex passwords for every login and app, and a good password manager will keep you on the straight and narrow, with 2FA as added protection. 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments