My Local Services USA is refreshed

By : Administrator
Published 6th May 2022 |
Read latest comment - 13th May 2022

Well it has been on the "to do" list for a while, but we have finally refreshed our USA Directory - mylocalservices.comWith just under 2 million businesses onboard, it was time to spend some TLC and give members more functionality. 

Maybe I can tempt some USA based members onto the forum 

Meanwhile forum wise, I'm still scratching my head, talking to myself, and wondering what on earth to do with it . It gets lots of visiting traffic, helps the rest of the site ranking wise, earns a few quid from adverts,  but has little interaction as most people get their fix these days on Quora or YouTube. 

Good news is spam is minimal and takes minimal time to administer, which is a good job as I seem to be the only one available to do it.

Answers on a postcard, head-scratching continues...

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

I still visit from time to time , but as you say there are never really any good posts anymore.. I still report spam when I see it like the mortgage spam with 3 posts .. Didn't look as though the page redirected to report spam  though

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Good Evening Andy.C

Sorry, you feel like that @Andy-C reference to Rockstar Mortgages Post (x3), this is our first post on 'My Local Services platform, it's unfortunate the platform needs a little tweaking.

Feel free to contact myself to discuss this further, There's a picture of myself and regulated, unlike most adverts which are misleading.  Rockstar Mortgages have delivered results and know the Matrix of Lenders, so you don't have to. Feel free to reach out Andy-C for mortgage advice. Those posts are genuine and comes with experience, Rockstar Mortgages are very much on many social platforms, and more than 7k followers on LinkedIn, which is pretty amazing.

There will be more posts to follow, and more than happy to discuss your needs or maybe join our VIP memberships and see how we differ from others, it's what we do best, just like yourself.

Let's hope nobody on this platform feels as you do,  contacting the firm/individual may be a good start before making any comments for anyone to make assumptions.

Enjoy your evening and weekend.

Best regards

Rockstar Mortgages

I still visit from time to time , but as you say there are never really any good posts anymore.. I still report spam when I see it like the mortgage spam with 3 posts .. Didn't look as though the page redirected to report spam  though”

Thanks, enjoy your day
Mortgage Help Desk
Rockstar Mortgages

Good Evening Andy.C

Sorry, you feel like that @Andy-C reference to Rockstar Mortgages Post (x3), this is our first post on 'My Local Services platform, it's unfortunate the platform needs a little tweaking.”

It's not a problem, people like to add a self promo post, which is why I re-opened the Introduce your business forum, and moved your post there (and deleted the duplicates).

Welcome aboard

Steve Richardson

I still visit from time to time , but as you say there are never really any good posts anymore.. I still report spam when I see it like the mortgage spam with 3 posts .. Didn't look as though the page redirected to report spam  though”

Always happy to see you Andy. Spam wise, the notification does work and pinged me in the back admin. Luckily, 99% of actual spam never makes it onto the site unlike other forums. So even in an unloved state, it still remains spam free. 

Posts wise, it's a rock and a hard place. Rebecca is unable to moderate anymore as she is so busy with her business which seems to go from strength to strength. My own team of admins are all busy with no spare time to spend on the forum, which leaves just me, and I tend to get pulled in different directions.

I'm going to strip it right back, get rid of the forums that have had little activity in recent years, and stick to a few  topics that encourage comment, are informational or perceived as useful for business owners and marketeers, whilst ensuring we don't get buried with lots of low-level self promo. Having the intro forum should take care of that.

I just need to take a thumb out of my bum and crack on 

Steve Richardson

Oops sorry I thought it was spam  ...  To me 2 or more of the same thing is spam... It's been ingrained in me as there is so much of it

Not to worry , I just got a white page when posting it , but if you are getting them then good

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

This Thread is now closed for comments