Pay Per Click (PPC)

By tomsk : Senior Entrepreneur
Published 18th August 2010 | Last comment 10th November 2011
Comments
forum avatarGuest
25th August 2010 11:49 AM
I will let you all off...........just this once

Haha.. Come on Scootek?

I would be diplomatic and say "well I am willing to evalute alternative services" lol

Phil

Cloud4

So have been embracing split testing and thought I would show an example of how a very small change can make a difference.

Source: www.orange-fish.co.uk

I have removed the first part of the URL as it is for a client, but the only other change in the two adverts is the extension of the display url repeating the product description.

Many people say "split test, slpit test, split test" I see why now.

tomsk

So have been embracing split testing and thought I would show an example of how a very small change can make a difference...

Many people say "split test, slpit test, split test" I see why now.

Its essential in PPC, use your best performing ad as your baseline, then keep tuning against it. Making the visible URL relevant to the product is a good tip.

Also try out different tag lines, just make sure you always have your untouched control ad running so you can get an accurate assesment of performance.

When I'm tuning, I'll run 3 or 4 ads with slight differences then monitor over a week.

Question is, did it convert?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

forum avatarGuest
31st August 2010 8:03 PM
Yep the slightest alteration on an ad can make a huge difference.

I've mentioned this before on a previous thread but there is also a method called the "stick and peel". In a nutshell instead of testing ad variants with a bunch of keywords to find the optimum adtext for them all, you have one ad keep the keywords that work well with that ad and peel the others away into a new adgroup with a new adtext........and so on! This method also allows for very targetted keyword and adtext.

The stick and peel works better on smaller accounts (keyword wise) as you can end up with literally thousands of adgroups. I've used it successfully in the past on accounts containing 1000 keywords or less

MrMagnify, feel free to get in touch with me in about a months time...I will be in a better place to think about things like this...I always will consider forum members first...no promises.

Ryan

forum avatarGuest
31st August 2010 8:27 PM
MrMagnify, feel free to get in touch with me in about a months time...I will be in a better place to think about things like this...I always will consider forum members first...no promises.

I would never expect a promise
Will PM you at the end of September for a chat about your PPC

I would never expect a promise
Will PM you at the end of September for a chat about your PPC

That's fine. So far I have met my accountant, website designer, graphic designer, and email marketing company through one of 4 forums I use on a fairly regular basis. Out of those 4 one let me down. I won't name as it won't be fair, but on the whole a positive experience with most.

Now...people should start referring me business...for regular commission. That's actually got me thinking.

Ryan

With PPC, the best thing to do is just get messy with it. Experiment with it.

Good luck

diggersjohn33

This Thread is now closed for comments