How pagerank effect in website ranking

By proval123 : Growing Business
Published 8th March 2011 | Last comment 1st March 2013
Comments
I know I regularly come across pages with low page rank on page 1 of Google.

IamBob

To find out the importance or applicability of a page, we basically check out it's PR . PR stands for Page Rank, it is a algorithm which lie upon various factors. One of them is the incoming links. It also relies upon the number of links on that page.

peter john

How pagerank effect in website ranking Reply to Thread:

1) Users are more likely to abandon pages that take longer to load.

2) Viewers who feel that the site takes too long to load pages feel less satisfied with the site as a whole and are less likely to return to it.

3) Slower sites may find themselves slipping in SERPs, lower page ranks means lower SERP rankings also.

4) A website

peter john

forum avatarRafaelJames
23rd February 2013 8:55 AM
Yes, a high PR website is better than low PR website. If PR of websites is good then it will rank higher on search engines.

RafaelJames

Yes, a high PR website is better than low PR website. If PR of websites is good then it will rank higher on search engines.

That's not quite true.

A higher PR website does not mean it will rank higher than a website with lower PR for a given keyword. There are other variables in the mix.

Overall a higher PR is better but as above, doesn't mean you will rank automatically higher over others.

indizine
indizine

One of the good factor of PR is that it represent the authority of webpage. If page is having back links from high PR sites then the PR of that page will also good. It is normally updated four times in a year.

dollybroun

It's about time PR got killed off once and for all...

It's an outdated Google marketing tool that is now pointless as a single measurable metric. It just causes worry, confusion, misleading information, and in reality the vast majority (ie users) are either unaware or uninterested.

If you have a high PR, pat yourself on the back, if you don't, chill out.

Concentrate on quality content, your products and services, customer service, and genuine marketing, rather than trying to game a system that only online marketeers care about

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

One of our sites has just dropped in the recent up-date from PR4 down to PR2 we found no deference in rankings

skylight

One of our sites has just dropped in the recent up-date from PR4 down to PR2 we found no deference in rankings

Yep, our story is similar. Our UK directory went from a PR4 to a 3, but traffic actually increased along with the number of Google Page 1 listings.

Stopped worrying about PR a long time ago

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

I start off constantly looking at our rankings on Alexa and opensiteexplorer and finally came to conclusion that the only stats I should be looking at are those from my own site (through analytics or my own web logs).

Alexa largely uses data from those people who have their toolbar installed (how many people do you know use this? - I don't know any)

The only thing I find ranking sites good for is getting ideas of where to backlink and promote your site.

neil@camisonline

This Thread is now closed for comments