Dream Career/Profession

By MontiC : Growing Business
Published 2nd April 2011 | Last comment 1st September 2011
Comments
Thanks Steve for the encouragement but corporate projects lasting longer than a few days can be such a struggle for me domestically that I limit what I go after! At least if you do things as a volunteer, no-one else has the right to impose expectations or conditions on you.

Linda
CareersPartnershipUK

Well being Angelina Jolie's toy boy would be just fine.

But as a former accountant 16 years PQE and now semi-self employed I would have to agree with Steve doing what I do now is great. Would be nice to earn a bit more. Maybe I can moonlight in a few libraries myself and sneakly post on their internet terminals whilst working.

highlandspring

forum avatarTheBlogshop
17th July 2011 7:34 PM
As a freelancer, I have worked with a number of different organizations, but my current time with The Blogshop is without doubt one my most enjoyable roles to date - working with an array of different clients to deliver their business blogging needs? It's fantastic!

In a different life, however, I could see myself working in a bookshop or vinyl store - I spend a lot of time in them now, so I'm sure I must have worked in one of them in a previous life!

forum avatarchristophgoulds
18th July 2011 4:28 PM
Have to agree with OnlineTileShop here...as much as I love a challenge and even sometimes love the daily grind I'd love to buy a little boat and pootle around in it for the rest of my days. Must....Stop....Dreaming...

forum avatarJessicaS
20th July 2011 1:32 PM
“You're going to point and laugh at me, but I'd like to work in a library.”

Don't underestimate yourself. I think being in a profession is not important what important is you are enjoying or not? You are improving as a human being or not?

forum avatarfrankguru
28th July 2011 3:52 PM
I would say that the best is the one that makes money that pays back onto you.

You can get self self-employed and be successful. By the way who know about investors.

“I would say that the best is the one that makes money that pays back onto you.”

...as opposed to? Charity work?

Most people want a career that makes money

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

forum avatarfurniture4kids
1st August 2011 1:38 PM
My dream job would be a Trainer

At the tender age of 7 I wanted to be a helicopter pilot, now pushing 50 I still dream of doing it........ain't going to happen though

Thanks,
Barney

“At the tender age of 7 I wanted to be a helicopter pilot, now pushing 50 I still dream of doing it........ain't going to happen though”

Hmmm, thats one I revisit from time to time, we have a little airfield just down the road as well... maybe one day...... or even just a PPL. Never say never?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments