Adwords good or bad?

By Sharpink : Forum Regular
Published 12th July 2011 | Last comment 3rd July 2013
Comments
Just my 2p. Adwords can be a good marketing tool but only once the profit from conversions is greater than than the ppc spend

It is surprising the number of people that still fail to grasp this. The only thing you are interested in are conversions, when it comes to PPC, traffic is just fluff.

A good campaign will give you low volume highly targeted traffic with an acceptable conversion rate to make it all worthwhile.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Yes,Steve's comments are spot on here. We use Google Adwords all the time and we get good results.
It's so easy to analyse and see the benefits.
You need to keep a close handle on the budget and regularly monitor and make improvements/ adjustments.

Azolla

Awesome posts guys and just to add on to the PRO adwords side, it is best to know your industry and measure cost vs profit closely. As long as it converts, I don't think there's a reason not to do it.

As for other industries, it would really be so costly but then again if you know where to put your eggs on, then most probably you would still profit.

wingman

Ok, I have played with google adwords for about 8 weeks now, at some cost I might add. Had some good traffic and high CTR's, but my question is: Do people feel that this method is cost effective or does it just underpin a poorly designed website by forcing traffic to you? Could I achieve simmilar results by "paying" a lump sum to an SEO? Just a thought

Bearing in mind you started this thread last year, any chance of an update? Did you carry on with Adwords, or did you go down the SEO route, or a mix of both?

Steve Richardson

Bearing in mind you started this thread last year, any chance of an update? Did you carry on with Adwords, or did you go down the SEO route, or a mix of both?

Well I have to confess that we did not use Seo, and we did continue with google adwords. The cost? Well we spent approx

Thanks,
Ray Priestley

[FONT="Verdana"]I advertise on Google Adwords..but I am just wondering why I only got 27 calls over 476 clicks..spent almost $1k already...what do you think is the problem? does anyone know?[/FONT]

ABDOffice

[FONT="Verdana"]spent almost $1k already...what do you think is the problem? does anyone know?[/FONT]

I'd say the quality of your keywords! $1k for 476 clicks, that's nearly $2 per click. Obviously depends on the competition, and potential rewards for each conversion, but seems high just for a click.
  • Can you see the quality scores for your keywords? If they are low, then address it, make them more relevant to the landing page (or vice versa!)
  • Do you add in negative keywords, this can have big savings.
  • Do you limit your campaigns running time? eg for us, we don't serve adds after midnight, as we get minimal conversions, but still plenty of clicks.

Steve Richardson

Negative keywords is definitely something to be aware of. You can waste a lot of money on non-relevant licks if you don't use negative keywords properly!

Azolla

forum avatarCube Investments
28th June 2012 3:24 PM
Hi Guys,

I have just started a online adword campaign for property investments any ideas on how to get my ad seen by more people?

Thanks

Marcus Levin

Cube Investments

[FONT="Verdana"]I advertise on Google Adwords..but I am just wondering why I only got 27 calls over 476 clicks..spent almost $1k already...what do you think is the problem? does anyone know?[/FONT]

I believe that you need to valuate your ad campaigns closely. You can actually talk to a Google Consultant and ask all the questions you want.

My advice, optimize your campaigns and aim for a high qual score. Keep in mind that the landing page is very important as well. You can get traffic but your website is still the one who converts.

wingman

This Thread is now closed for comments