forum avatar

Expected cost of SEO work for start up websites

By
Published 13th July 2011 |
Read latest comment - 20th March 2012

We get approached for SEO work all the time for clients with new custom designed websites and domains.
I am interested to get feedback on what businesses would expect to pay for SEO work. Obviously this depends on your business keywords but we all have cost ideas and i am interested to know peoples budgets/expectations for launching a new site.
Comments
forum avatarOnlineTileShop
13th July 2011 8:17 AM
I have been quoted various prices for SEO I think the basic package was around

We get approached for SEO work all the time for clients with new custom designed websites and domains.
I am interested to get feedback on what businesses would expect to pay for SEO work. Obviously this depends on your business keywords but we all have cost ideas and i am interested to know peoples budgets/expectations for launching a new site.

I notice you have been posting this question on various forums, as before it depends on many factors!

garlex

Yup agree, no way you can give a rough guide as keywords vary wildly.

Reality is, people setting out with a new site will have very little idea or expectation when it comes to SEO, as most people will be unfamiliar with it.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

forum avatarKip FX Design
13th July 2011 11:40 PM
More reason for them to learn Social Media Marketing!

Its not so much the cost of an SEO campaign more what its return on investment is. Companies in the claims area - which I work in can spend

highlandspring

forum avatarKip FX Design
14th July 2011 10:38 AM
aha the first truly accurate answer! ROI!

aha the first truly accurate answer! ROI!

Your right, and its back to basics. To be honest, anyone running a business should factor this in as a matter of course.

It goes for any kind of marketing, PPC, SEO, SMM, Billboard advertisng etc..

No point shelling out

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

, only to find out no one searches for that keyword!

I've leant by experience - the hard way.

Actually I am impressed by the level of experience and quality of advice on MLF we have some pretty savy guys and gals here.

highlandspring

forum avatarjitendra1990
2nd January 2012 3:43 PM
Keyword competition, your current position in search engines and your current state of onsite seo has a part to play in the initial quote.

This Thread is now closed for comments