The Oil Industry

By : Forum Member
Published 18th August 2011 |
Read latest comment - 19th August 2011

Hi All,

I need some help, I am wondering how people think you should go about marketing a product to companies who work within the oil industry.

I need to promote some products to companies or people who work with heat exchangers, or reactors on things like FPSO

Thanks,
Kevin.Wiles
Comments
Not too sure I understand you, assume you have a website up and running with these products? You've posted in the online marketing section, so are you are focusing efforts on online marketing or is this a general question on how to gain leads or introductions?

If online, I guess it's going to be down to the quality of the site, the message, perceived quality and usefulness of the product, and how the target audience normally buy this product.

Is this something users would normally google, or would they expect suppliers to request a meeting and a face to face suited and booted pitch? Can't imagine the tech support team of BP googling for a new reactor?

Out of sheer curiosity, just googled oil industry reactor

Look at all the adwords results! Blimey, maybe people do buy reactors via Google! There's the answer, get a good adwords campaign going!

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Well maybe get the complete collection of Dallas DVD. Watch them end to end until you are goggle eyed.

I am sure there is something that can be learnt from JR Ewing and Co.

LOL

highlandspring

Thanks, we sell a more unique product and when doing some research found that only a handful of people look for us a month in fact most of the chosen keywords get no traffic at all

Thanks,
Kevin.Wiles

Well maybe get the complete collection of Dallas DVD.

lol Thought I was going to hurt myself

That's what I call a marketing tip!

Steve Richardson

Thanks, we sell a more unique product and when doing some research found that only a handful of people look for us a month in fact most of the chosen keywords get no traffic at all

Guessing value of product is fairly high, sounds like you are better off with a more traditional approach, appointments, then face to face.

Saw this link on the Beeb news this morning, hope this doesn't affect your target audience.
BBC News - UK oil and gas drilling falls 52% in second quarter

Steve Richardson

This Thread is now closed for comments