Different Ways To Monetize Your Website

By PressureWashing : Growing Business
Published 19th March 2012 | Last comment 9th December 2013
Comments
I think that would be really good if you can spare the time. I'd offer to help but I'm only a Camtasia novice at the moment! It's useful to know what settings to use to get the best quality vid into Youtube.

Youtube vids help so much for tutorial and marketing purposes.

neil@camisonline

OKies Will put something together today, with links to techsmith stuff where you can learn more stuff. I'm not a pro, lol but I've learned a lot aver the last while (2 or 3 years) about camtasia.

Thanks,
Dreamraven

I guess one tip I learnt was to close MSN Messenger, Skype, Outlook and to stop Windows putting annoying messages up asking about my color settings lol

neil@camisonline

I guess one tip I learnt was to close MSN Messenger, Skype, Outlook and to stop Windows putting annoying messages up asking about my color settings lol

lol my blooper reel was full of clips where oDesk was popping up with desktop screenshots at one point. So now I close the lot, and set the odesk helper to make sure that it does not show me any screenshots until I'm finished.

Added a two post thread for you, over at the techie side. You should be able to see it when you search for new posts. Hope its not too generic.

Thanks,
Dreamraven

While there are numerous ways to get traffic there are some must does.

1) Create a sitemap and add to your site then register it with google.

2) <dont self promo on forums >

3) Add more targeted content.

Art-Seekers

Our software offers both free and paid subscriptions. I asked my marketing consultant to consider if the free offering could be supported by AdWords. I was originally concerned that I didn't want direct competitors advertising on my site. For example, plenty of fish dating doesn't seem to care about this and does have adverts for other paid dating sites, but it wasn't something that I wanted to do myself.

Here is a summary of what he came up with:

Revenue models
● Google AdSense
○ You can block specific advertiser URLs to prevent competitor ads from showing
○ Earnings per click would potentially be low due to lack of advert relevance
● Banner advertising
○ Display network e.g. Google

neil@camisonline

I'm not using this as promotion as i'm new here but have you tried ranking a video? I signed up with a company Think Sketch Limited (please delete if i'm not allowed) and they got me on the first page of Google within 1 week for my chosen keyword.

I didn't think at the time that it would make a difference to my traffic to my main site but it's worked wonders. They told me that YouTube videos rank so much quicker than a normal website due to the fact that Google bought YouTube and they prioritize these videos.

davewright13

Does anyone have tried Media.net to monetize your website? Some articles said it's the best adSense alternatives

setiani

How do people find your website? No people means no customers so you need to advertise the website but how do you do this. Some ideas:-

1. Focus on a niche - provide good content - get people to the website by using keywords and phrases - give them something free for capturing their email address - introduce/sell other products related to the niche.

2. Use video on the website - publish on YouTube and other media - links to your website.

3. Use PR to announce what you are doing.

4. Write/have written articles - publish on good directories - links to your website.

4. Advertise offline.

You have to get people to the website + keep them on the website.

Ultimately, you need to have one heck of a load of good content. If you don't have great content, you have nothing. This is the case whether you're a local business with a website, or someone hoping to make money strictly through an ad-supported website (which it sounds like you are). You've got to have good content. This is why so many businesses and entrepreneurs freaked out with all the Google algorithm updates over the past couple of years - they were trying to game the system, make an easy buck, but they hadn't invested the time and effort to actually have good content in the first place. If you do that right, then you really don't need to worry about any future algorithm updates.

DavidDragon

This is the part that I am working on now. I plan to launch a website and blog after the new year and right now I am just building a ton of quality content. Lot's of good advice in this thread!

Layla

This Thread is now closed for comments