What online advertising do you use?

By SCentral : Growing Business
Published 20th April 2012 | Last comment 16th September 2012
Comments
Well people nowadays are more interested in Online advertising. Normally they take the help of Google Ads in this regard. They also do SEO for their business websites. Submitting it in different web directories. They do blogging for their business where they try to aware people about their new business services or products or policies. They do On page SEO too. Moreover they also take the help of business directories like for-example Yellow Business Ads for their business advertising. So these are the things which most of the people do nowadays and I'm the kind of person which go with the trend.

Alvina zeeshan

Is doing press releases as effective as blogging?

amygarside

Is doing press releases as effective as blogging?

If you're just getting your feet warm on online advertising, Google Adwords and Facebook advertising would be a great way to start. Just set a small budget and work on good and CATCHY Copywriting ads.

Aside from that, having a blog incorporated in your website is also another way of getting traffic on your site. Just make sure that you write about market-related posts on your blog. Then share them on StumbleUpon, Delicious, your FB page, Twitter and Google+. In this way your blog post gets indexed faster and will show up on keyword related searches on these social media sites.

It is also a good idea to have your business listed on the local Google directory and on Foursquare too. Just remember to verify it to be searchable on both sites.

Eventually, you can integrate both online and offline media. Say if someone presents a voucher or Likes your page - they get a discount or a free consultation or a free key chain...

SkyDragonMedia

Thank you to all who contributed here.

As a website design company we obviously have the necessary skills to deal with SEO and link building etc. but I was hoping to short cut the usual 'suck it and see' approach necessary to try out new advertisng routes.

My own experience of newspaper advertising, as I was once employed as an advertising salesman for a daily newspaper, is that its effectiveness has been diluted by online options. But it doesn't hurt to get corroberative evidence from other sources.

As for online ads; there are now so many options that I suppose I was hoping someone would come forward and say "I've used this and it was great". Adwords appears to be the only option that has merited that type of response.

Looks like I'll be contacting them to see about a voucher.

SCentral

Unfortunately all newspaper and the main paper directories circulation figures have plummeted over the years, yet they still think they can charge either the same advertising fee or to increase it. Thats why papers such as the Sun etc have around 5 pages of nothing else but advertising. Sooner or later the newspaper as we know it, will have died probably once the next generation of pensioners have been cremated or buried....

Thanks,
Barney

Yes...

Classified ads, business directories and social network sites are good for advertising the site through online..

JohnEbenezer

Yes...

Classified ads, business directories and social network sites are good for advertising the site through online..

Which do you use? Or do you use all of them? SCentral was looking for advice on what they could use.

Thanks,
Dreamraven

Nowadays blogging has become a common way to advertise and explore your business online, but still there are many small businesses that are doubtful to start a business blog.
With your blog you will be able to Target Your Potential Clients :
In business blogs typically there is no involvement of direct promotion of your products and services, the promotion comes in a more passive way,but that doesn't mean a blog isn't a way to market your business.

With your blog you will be able to Boost Up Your Website Traffic:
Mostly the business blogs are separated from a business' website, which are either created as a different section or as a different site entirely.

With your blog you Can Establish Yourself As An Industry Expert:
Your blog posts will demonstrate your expertise in a particular subject area by sharing your qualities and relevant information with the readers.

rashell

That depends on your budget. If you have low budget for marketing, aside from paid advertisements, you should a lot some of your efforts to free promotions like SEO or SMO.

Thanks,
longlivemedia

I don't really have that much of a budget at the moment. What has been working for me though is google+ local.

Harry Robins

This Thread is now closed for comments