You've seen QR codes, now how about Aurasmsa! (augmented reality)

By sjr4x4 : Administrator
Published 10th July 2012 | Last comment 29th August 2012
Comments
It appears that AR (Augmented Reality) technology has been in use for quite some time. The developers have been putting all of their effort into making sure it all works, but have not actually done much to market it. For instance, how many people would have been aware nearly a year ago that when they picked up a bar of Cadbury's chocolate that it did this?

Cadbury Spots v Stripes Blippar App - A Game on Every Bar Trailer - YouTube

Holborn Direct Mail
020 8683 7155

Hopefully it will now start going mainstream.

I still think it will be a built in app to new generation phones that will make it universal. Most phones have a camera, so just needs the app, or an app that can read all the competing standards built into the camera.

Come on Apple, show us how it's done

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Can't take the credit, our man Clive was chatting to the owner of a TV production company who are based next door, and he was given a demo and shown an advert they are currently working on for a Chocolate company.

Like you I'm thinking of all sorts of ideas! But will it become saturated in 6 months and lose the novelty factor, or will it become established I wonder?

QR codes seem to be getting more accepted, so I wonder if this will take off as well.

Looks interesting. Bit of a spectic lot us guys over here when we see stuff like this that sometimes claims it is going to be the thing that everyone is going to use and is amazing and doesn't really result to much but a cool little app. Hasn't augmented been trying to take off for a little while now. Anyway look forward to seeing what becomes of this

Accounting Help

We have just completed an article on augmented reality in direct mail to add to our site, which includes a short award winning video demonstrating an interactive direct mail piece promoting the Toyota Camry.

How Can You Increase the Shelf Life of your Direct Mail?

Holborn Direct Mail
020 8683 7155

which includes a short award winning video demonstrating an interactive direct mail piece promoting the Toyota Camry...

Guess this sets the bar now on promo stuff like this. Interesting it generated a 20% sales lift. Imagine the difference when this is more mainstream!

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Forever moving forward, interesting BBC News article, where they've devised a cheap way of transmitting data from objects to mobile phones when swiped.

....will QR codes become redundant?

Woh there! It's all moving way too fast.

Holborn Direct Mail
020 8683 7155

Woh there! It's all moving way too fast.

I'm glad it's not just me thinking that!!

That's called Augmented Reality right? That's the latest form of media used in marketing today. Most of the magazines utilize it.

Thanks,
longlivemedia