Author tags getting pushed by Google!

By : Administrator
Published 21st August 2012 |
Read latest comment - 16th April 2013

Just noticed this on Google.com haven't seen it yet on google.co.uk so not sure if they are experimenting or rolling it out:

So looks they are really pushing the author stuff, unless I've just never noticed it before?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments
Do you mean the 'more by Steve Richardson bit'??

enterprisepe

Do you mean the 'more by Steve Richardson bit'??

yup, so the whole google+ bit takes up the first line

Steve Richardson

See what you mean!!

enterprisepe

I noticed it the other day and thought it might have been a virus or something...

Thanks,
Barney

Just noticed this on Google.com haven't seen it yet on google.co.uk so not sure if they are experimenting or rolling it out:

So looks they are really pushing the author stuff, unless I've just never noticed it before?

Would it mean a lot?

eastvantage

Would it mean a lot?

Well the author mark up certainly works, as it makes your entry stand out in the search results, but by having a whole line dedicated to Google+ at the top of your description means there is a strong chance someone will click on that instead of your actual web link, either by design or accident.

Or at least thats how I see it. If you have a decent G+ page then fair enough, and the user should be able to get to your site from there, but is that giving the visitor the best experience? Adding extra clicks to their journey? Which Google says it is trying to improve with its countless updates

I like the mark up, it works well, but I'm not so keen on being used as a traffic source for Google+

In theory the user that selects that entry is hoping to get to my site, not one of my sites satellite pages on a Social Network.

Anyone else have any thoughts or are using author tags?

Steve Richardson

It would appear to increase CTR significantly. Maybe G+ will come good after all?

Seems to be a lot of interest in it of late, and engagement is on the up.

Found this nice little slide show, well worth a look: Google Plus SEO and Authorship

Paul Myers

Found this nice little slide show, well worth a look: Google Plus SEO and Authorship

Just gone through it, blimey, now we have Author Rank to worry about!!

Never going to get bored in this industry

Steve Richardson

Google like original content because publishing same content again and again make users frustrating. Users want something new and original content is new content. Copywriters provide effective content that uses love. The "author" tag is pushed by Google to know about the content originality.

wilsonjack

This Thread is now closed for comments