Cold calls

By jcruzinsurance
Published 8th October 2012 | Last comment 1st November 2012
Comments
I think cold calling can still work if it is done properly. It's just many, many businesses go about it completely the wrong way - the call the wrong people, they have the wrong script and end up wasting time irrititating people. Few businesses do get it right but if your calls are extremely targeted and you have a great script then you can have some success with telemarketing.

Melanie

I'm not a fan of cold calling but i have to admit we use it. now i can't sell anything over the phone, i'm the guy that gets easly hooked by cold callers. My partner is very good so she makes the calls.

The thing will cold calling is, it's a numbers game, you have to be willing to talk to 100 people before you get a bite, i think of it as fishing (Also not a fan) people that fish sometimes spend many hours before they get a bite and even then the fish will sometimes get away.

You also have to sell your personality before your service or product.

Lastly i think luck will come into it, you can be lucky to catch someone at the right time, maybe they were already thinking about sourcing your service or product, sometimes that very same day, now that should be an easy sell. also just being lucky enough to get the right person, some people are just easy to sell to.

I hope this helps a little.

Luke

And what Melanie said

BSG

This Thread is now closed for comments