How do you handle the twists and turns?

By : Business Start Up
Published 1st March 2010 |
Read latest comment - 1st March 2010

I am wondering if how do you handle the twists and turns for growing your business?

jasmin03
Comments
crikey, not easy to answer in a few words. I'm growing right now after redundancy and reverting back to private practice so it is all go once again.

from experience I can tell you that from 1983 -1993 I managed to double T/O and bottom line each year from a start up T/o of 6k in my first years trading. Much effort, time, commitment and BS managed to get me up to over 100 staff and the accolade was businessman of the year in 1993 (DTI Investors in Peeps).

I found most of my success came from staying well within my competency range, once I exceeded it I generally paid the price.

If I could offer any advice it would be to believe you can do it, not just 'half-full' I mean really beleive it and it will happen for you.

My business at that time was support services and sadly at 10p in the pound less tax for no roll-over i did not get rich, hence the fact I am still working for a living.

Good luck to you.

Mike

bonsai passion

Maintaining a sense of humour, trying not to absorb too much stress, and identifying (or having someone tell you!) when it's time to have a break and recharge your batteries

Business is peaks and troughs, just like life, and you never know whats round the corner

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments