forum avatar

Can I do that?

By
Published 12th December 2012 |
Read latest comment - 24th January 2013

Is it possible that I sync my Google+ page and Facebook page, i.e. when I post on one page the other page has the same update?
If yes then how to go about it and if no then how to save time?

Regards
Jack Darson

JackD
Comments
Good question, Jack

I have set up twitter, so that tweets appear on facebook. It would good to know if we can do the same with Google+.

Holborn Direct Mail
020 8683 7155

Is it possible that I sync my Google+ page and Facebook page, i.e. when I post on one page the other page has the same update?
If yes then how to go about it and if no then how to save time?

In a nutshell, yes it is.

There are a variety of tools out there that you can use. I've been playing around with one called streamified.

They are a new outfit, and the interface isn't the best, and apparently it will be redesigned shortly as a few people have moaned. But you download an extension onto your browser (chrome, ff, mobile etc) and once loaded, you authorise your relevant social networks, and then you can choose to post to multiple networks at the same time.

Whats quite slick is you can schedule it as well. So if your off on your hols. you could schedule multiple posts to different networks.

I'm not a fan of posting the same post across multiple networks, although I'm guilty of it. I also removed the twitter feed from FB because it was making my page look spammy, especially if you get a flurry of tweets. But then it's a case of trying to come up with some inspiration

I suspect that if you just simply blast out the same stuff continually across multiple networks, then at some point this will incur a penalty and wil be classed as gaming the system. But used sparingly, I think this could quite a useful tool, and a good time saver.

Be interested to hear if anyone uses any other tools, or if you have played with streamified.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

There are quite a few G+ chrome extensions in the market now. Start G+ is a pretty good one amongst the lot. There are also other extensions that have a button to share on many other social platforms if required.

alicemenezes

There are quite a few G+ chrome extensions in the market now. Start G+ is a pretty good one amongst the lot. There are also other extensions that have a button to share on many other social platforms if required.

Can all these help synchronize posts to more than one social network at once? Why no give us a link etc and share with us

Thanks,
Dreamraven

There are quite a few G+ chrome extensions in the market now...

Hmm an update on streamified, and also any chrome extension you are playing with.

Streamified has caused havoc with my browser and causes all sorts of problems with Google+ so have removed it and normality has returned.

As with all browsers, anyone can write apps/plugins for them, but these can be of different quality and can be buggy, so beware! Plus the more plugins you use, the more resources Chrome/IE/FF will use and the slower your browser and PC will be

Steve Richardson

forum avatarClearcandy1
22nd January 2013 1:56 PM
It is possible to sync your google plus post with facebook page. Visit the url and try it to sync your posts.

"googleplus.wonderhowto.com/how-to/sync-your-google-posts-with-facebook-and-twitter-0128971/"

Clearcandy1

It is possible to sync your google plus post with facebook page. Visit the url and try it to sync your posts.

Start G+ as Alice says, and is also the first in the link clearcandy provided is actually streamified. Start G+ (startgoogleplus.com) just redirects to streamified, so dunno if they bought them out? But streamified is the one that caused me so many problems in Chrome

Steve Richardson

Been trying to do this for a while now,thanks for the help

DanielM

This Thread is now closed for comments