Tweetdeck's closing down?

By : Forum Moderator
Published 23rd January 2013 |
Read latest comment - 6th March 2013

PANIC gripped thousands of social network users yesterday when it emerged that UK authorities had moved to wind down the company behind Tweetdeck, a social networking "dashboard" that allows people to update their Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn accounts from the one page.

So it looks as though its the end for tweetdeck. I mean what's next then? Are they going to take down all software that members use to update on twitter?

One thing caught my eye though, but maybe that's just because I am not a huge fan of social media.

Users will continue to clog up each other's timelines with inane chatter mixed with the odd insightful comment and new piece of information.Happy days are here again.

What do you think? You can read the rest of the post here at the independent.

Thanks,
Dreamraven
Comments
I don't use TweetDeck, but I do use HootSuite..I would be pretty sad if that was next to disappear. Makes life much simpler (well, in Twitter world anyways..)

Melanie

I too use Hootsuite which I find to be a really efficient way to get my tweets out. It means I can schedule everything I need to say early on in the morning and get on with my business, if that was to close then I'd have more issues!

RachelHD1

Ummmm..... but tweetdeck's still up and running isn't it? When is going to shut. It will definitely be a major setback to the social media world.

alicemenezes

TweetDeck is not going to shut down any time soon as it is now owned by Twitter, the letter relates the old company prior to the Twitter purchase.

Thanks,
MartinFamilyHeritage
Family Heritage Search

Yes, this post confused me to begin with..
As martin says, TweetDeck was purchased by Twitter and should be fine from a legal perspective because it's just reacting/responding to their own API feed.

I think it may be the original software house that created the code before the Twitter buyout.

Slough Business

Could be, I should see if I can find some more info now that everything seems to have settled. Have to admit I was going on the info I had at the time.

Thanks,
Dreamraven

I tried tweetdeck a few years ago, but i was not impressed - natural selection, I`d say I also prefer Hootsuite to TweetDeck when it comes to such kind of software.

Fixed Fee Legal Services | Bespoke Document Drafting | Document Templates

I tried tweetdeck a few years ago, but i was not impressed - natural selection, I`d say I also prefer Hootsuite to TweetDeck when it comes to such kind of software.

lol I prefer neither, but then I have an unnatural aversion to social networks.

I just feel that software like that makes it too dang easy for netherworld SEO'ers to cause havoc and link spam the stuffing out of the normal folk.

Thanks,
Dreamraven

Dreamraven, you are right many SEOs (and stuff) do speculate with this kind of service, however if you use social networks "the normal way" this tool can be a great addition. For example, while you are interacting with people, you know your latest blog article will be published automatically.

Fixed Fee Legal Services | Bespoke Document Drafting | Document Templates

This Thread is now closed for comments