Pinterest for business, a new look and analytics!

By : Administrator
Published 13th March 2013 |
Read latest comment - 13th March 2014

So Pinterest is starting to mature and is manoeuvring for business users, by offering a new look, converting your account to a business account (it's free), and offering analytics.

Switch to Pinterest's new look

Convert to a business account

So have just converted my page. Other than securing your business name for posterity, I'm still yet to be convinced of pinterest being a viable platform for my business, but at least it seems to be moving into a business biased direction.

No doubt this will pave the way for a business model so it can start earning money

So whats the verdict? Good, bad indifferent?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments
hey, how does Pinterest work, I have never heard of it

LauraRa

hey, how does Pinterest work, I have never heard of it

Have a look at these threads:

here

and

here

and there is even a thread about marketing pinterest on twitter here.

Thanks,
Dreamraven

Just got a chance to look at this - thanks! Wasn't aware you could switch your current Pinterest to a business account. Will definitely be looking into this!

Scintillion

Just got a chance to look at this - thanks! Wasn't aware you could switch your current Pinterest to a business account. Will definitely be looking into this!

One thing to watch out for is the URL changes, so make sure you update any links you have! As a certain prize plum forgot and I've been linking to a 404 page

Steve Richardson

So have just converted my page. Other than securing your business name for posterity, I'm still yet to be convinced of Pinterest being a viable platform for my business, but at least it seems to be moving into a business biased direction.?

Hi Steve,

I was just wondering if you had an update on how Pinterest was performing for you after moving to the business offering? It has been a while since you first created this post. Have you seen positive results?

SB1 Design
Affordable Web Design & SEO from

Hi Stew

Interesting one, can safely say I haven't logged into Pinterest since this last post, so I've done nothing with it for 12 months.

Just checked our analytics, and not exactly earth shattering, but in the last 12 months, we have had a grand total of 45 unique visitors, although these did lead to 8 business sign ups.

So not much incentive to spend any more time on it when compared to say Facebook which generated 255 signups in the last 30 days.

Anyone else had any luck with Pinterest?

Steve Richardson

Thanks Steve for the update.

Like most of the social platforms, engagement seems to be the key and of course this takes an investment of time.

If Facebook is working so well, it makes sense that you prioritise that.

I have used Pinterest successfully on a couple of website marketing campaigns. Most notably for a client that had a site advertising holiday rentals.

I think Pinterest lends itself to something like that. People want to repin and follow images of holiday locations, beautiful island apartments etc. A good amount of traffic ends up flowing through to the site as a result.

It's important to have more than just your own product/service on there however, people see right through that.

I would be interested to know how others have used Pinterest as part of their business profile...

SB1 Design
Affordable Web Design & SEO from

This Thread is now closed for comments