Thinking of starting an ebook business any advice

By : Growing Business
Published 17th September 2013 |
Read latest comment - 26th September 2013

If u wanted to set up a business in the selling of ebooks where would you even start, I think that on the likes of amazon where you can buy a paperback book and then look at the digitalised ebook version they either charge the same price as a paperback or just a couple of quid less is scandalous don't you agree.

So am looking into this in a big way to sell the ebooks at a fair price but how where would you even start with suppliers on this

Thanks for any help

truereddevil35
Comments
I wouldn't bother True, ebooks are considered spammy now, the web is full of them, and even ebay has banned them from sale.

LullabyBabies

Wow that's an awesome idea. I love books and I don't care how they are wrapped :P. Really. And since I have an ebook reader I can read in the middle of the night without turning the lights on. I love it, it's comfortable, no need of bookshelf .
Starting a business....well probably I would start with a website. I would create a website with a great design, something that book lovers would fall in love to
maybe with a wooden background. I would list my products and some online payment methods and as for advertising purposes I would use social media or even google adwords. Maybe some user experience would be highly useful as well, - asking readers to review the books they've read.
keep me posted.

Thanks,
Elisabeth

I must be a bit behind the times here, someone says eBooks are spammy, then someone says no need for a bookshelf! I love bookshelves.

Aside from that I would start with a website, then do people upload there own? You obviously have a major competitor in Amazon so I would start maybe in a niche and move outwards.

ideas reaction

There's nothing wrong with a bookshelf, unless you have space for it, in your home.
Amazon seems to be quite a huge competitor with some great advantages, but with a few disadvantages as well. Amazon is huge full with information, which sometimes seems to be too much. I have the feeling that I get lost in details while navigating. This is probably because I don't find it user friendly at all, I get overwhelmed by information.
Frankly, I would rather use a smaller, reliable, clear-cut site than a Mall giant as Amazon.

Thanks,
Elisabeth

Look into how you can grow your business, invest in a good website, how are you going to fund this ebook business, make sure that you will be making a profit rather than breaking even. I think it is very popular, personally, due to kindles and other similar tablets which are coming out, more and more people want ebooks on the go. Just depends how you are going to market your product to the public.

Melanie

This Thread is now closed for comments