forum avatar

Pain in The **** Clients

By
Published 28th March 2010 |
Read latest comment - 29th March 2010

Pain in The **** Clients! (one of them runs this forum!)

OK, so how many people get stressed and miffed by ‘Pain in The **** Clients’?

Its a common occurrence, happens all the time, I know I am a nightmare client, but you know what? I ALWAYS get what I want.

I was just reminded of this whilst doing a Twitter Background for 4Networkings Brad Burton (Brad on Twitter), after the final copy had been sent over he popped up and wanted a revision. . . (Full article below)

Pain in The **** Clients! Full article
Comments
yo chap, links bust

Error 404 - Not Found

So you upset Brad?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

forum avatarKip FX Design
29th March 2010 1:07 AM
Fixed now buddy, and slagging you off just as much on that blog But there is a happy ending!

lol responded

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Hahaha, I like it.

I'm currently having this with the artist who's doing the pictures for my website. I've been a fan of her work for years - before I was even thinking of business - and I was absolutely thrilled to bits when she agreed to do my business artwork.

However, my admiration of her work, combined with the way I'm not the world's most assertive person, means she's had to put considerable effort into persuading me that as a paying client I'm supposed to nitpick, and that she needs me to be fussy so that she can be sure that she's delivering something I'll be thrilled with rather than just "happy enough".

VirtuallyMary

forum avatarKip FX Design
29th March 2010 11:42 AM
Exactly! The ironic thing is that when you do a freebie they do not nitpick, that get down right snotty!

But when you are a paying client, you should get what you want, not what is available, and from a business standpoint, if clients except just anything, they will admit it is OK, but you want then to be excited!

I am lucky in the fact that my industry is one of pleasure (no pun intended) and it is very emotive, if I do not WOW a client, then I have not done my job correctly! Simple

lol. i would love to answer this one, i could go on all day lol. But i cant
Due to the nature of our customers.

All i probably can say is that 95% of my customers are from all over the world, from every continent, and have there cultural ways, of dealing with a sale.

Its probably the only job that i can get firm with a customer, Stand my ground so to speak, ignore a customer, and tell the customer there is no chance im selling you that.

so i have kept my anwswer as dipolatic as i can.

sean

sean44mc

Exactly! The ironic thing is that when you do a freebie they do not nitpick, that get down right snotty!

But when you are a paying client, you should get what you want, not what is available, and from a business standpoint, if clients except just anything, they will admit it is OK, but you want then to be excited!

I am lucky in the fact that my industry is one of pleasure (no pun intended) and it is very emotive, if I do not WOW a client, then I have not done my job correctly! Simple

have to agree with you Kip, in our business we also go for the WOW factor, if we dont get it, we have let our customers down as well as ourselves.

This Thread is now closed for comments