Your Local Mail Delivery Office - but where is it? Well phone 0845 6050767

By : Administrator
Published 29th May 2014 |
Read latest comment - 21st March 2019

Royal Mail has come in for a lot of flak over the years, some of it justified, some of it not.

But why doesn't Royal Mail advertise the locations of their sorting and collection offices? Even better, advertise a local number so you can call them.

Instead, going to the Royal Mail website and trying to track down your local office will lead you to the page:

"Where is my local delivery office?" which gives the answer as "Call us on 0845 6050767 and we’ll give you the address of the Delivery Office nearest to you."

To be fair, as automated systems go, it's pretty good, and will indeed give you the location of your local office and opening hours. But why not display them on their website?

We actually display the locations of most of the sorting offices, but we get so many calls and emails from irate members of the public because their local office won't answer the phone, or they are unhappy with the service. To balance it, we also get some positive responses, normally down to a particular member of staff going above and beyond.

When we were in Henley in Arden, I went to our local sorting office a few times, and by and large they seemed pretty efficient and helpful. It was the opening hours which always used to be a bug bear, I think they used to shut at lunch time.

I wonder now they are privatised and now need to compete as a commercial organisation whether customer service will be higher up the agenda, or if we will simply see fewer and fewer local sorting offices as they get centralised to reduce costs?

What does anyone else think? Have any good or bad experiences? Have you seen things improve or decline recently?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

Once again the fiasco of the local postman failing to read the mail has resulted in misdelivery of the mail! This hadn't happened for a while, however:

I received a letter for another address (same no) around the corner from me. I delivered it back personally, it was a bit ironic as the addressee just happens to be a Resources Manager for R.M.!

Then this week my wife had her birthday and at least 2 cards went missing from the main batch. I found one at another address (same no), which had been delivered there 2 days ago! I called round to see the Resources Manager if he had the other one!

I informed him of the one I had found at the address down the rd and he said he hadn't had any mail for me. He intends to put a report in, the point is the card which is still missing is the one my stepson sent to his Mum. Naturally she very upset she hasn't received it!

Is the Royal Mail, deliberately hiring people who cannot read the addresses properly!

This postman should be transferred from his round and replaced by someone who actually takes a pride in his /her work!

Parcel

My local postie is pretty good always happy to ay hello and never had any problems. Local sub post office is friendly as well other than full of old dears. I think we will see some changes soon as its now privatised, maybe local offices closing, more price increases. Heard rumours of a zone pricing system for more remote places. Wouldnt surprise me.

Shakester

I think we will see some changes soon as its now privatised, maybe local offices closing, more price increases. Heard rumours of a zone pricing system for more remote places. Wouldnt surprise me.”

BBC is reporting today a fall in the Royal Mail share price after reported lower parcels revenue and competition from Amazon. So looks like they are in for a tough time. Time will tell if we see any more stamp price increases, or any threat to the 6 day a week letter delivery service as competition from rival firms such as TNT hots up.

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Never had problem with my mail arriving until we moved to this new address yet moved 5 times in 37 years . Twice now we have not received bills and because we have not payed been sent to a credit company that's a black mark against us because our mail as been posted into some one else box and we only moved here in October 2015. We have had other persons mail put though our box and I've taken round myself so what is the postman doing more care needs to be taken not just push though any one letter box these bills would have been payed as we received them even 39. 99 for 6 months redirect of mail so we're are my bills Royal Mail you should paye bt my last bill and m b n a credit card very unhappy post here rubbish help sort this out Royal Mail please Stafford coronation road residents 

phoebepup

Once again the fiasco of the local postman failing to read the mail has resulted in misdelivery of the mail! This hadn't happened for a while, however:

I received a letter for another address (same no) around the corner from me. I delivered it back personally, it was a bit ironic as the addressee just happens to be a Resources Manager for R.M.!

Then this week my wife had her birthday and at least 2 cards went missing from the main batch. I found one at another address (same no), which had been delivered there 2 days ago! I called round to see the Resources Manager if he had the other one!

I informed him of the one I had found at the address down the rd and he said he hadn't had any mail for me. He intends to put a report in, the point is the card which is still missing is the one my stepson sent to his Mum. Naturally she very upset she hasn't received it!

Is the Royal Mail, deliberately hiring people who cannot read the addresses properly!

This postman should be transferred from his round and replaced by someone who actually takes a pride in his /her work!

I had the same problem I got a necklace still around give it back to the person with the tracking address and the postman lost it now I've got to pay £329 for the replacement of the necklace that is ashington sorting office for you...

They know who they are I hope they enjoyed the Christmas box

Shelly