Small Business Saturday - 6 Dec 2014

By : Administrator
Published 27th November 2014 |
Read latest comment - 8th December 2014

Support Local Business by celebrating Small Business Saturday on the 6th Dec and shop local.

What is Small Business Saturday?

Small Business Saturday UK is a grassroots, non-political, non-commercial campaign, which highlights small business success and encourages consumers to ‘shop local’ and support small businesses in their communities.

The day itself takes place on the first shopping Saturday in December each year, but the campaign aims to have a lasting impact on small businesses.

smallbusinesssaturdayuk.com

Even our local Council is getting involved, well done to Warwickshire Council

Join in by promoting on your own social media feeds, either share this thread or tweet using the #SmallBusinessSaturday hashtag

You can also publicise by using official logos and digital marketing by following the smallbusinesssaturdayuk.com link.

Promote yourself, promote small business, get consumers to shop local. For once a win win marketing opportunity

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

Have been hearing adverts on the radio over the last week about it. Not really the best time of year for me to be involved with anything other than work.....

Thanks,
Barney

Think it's good to remind the average consumer once in a while to think about shopping local or utilising local businesses.

Every little helps as some gigantic company with ropey accountancy practices likes to say

Steve Richardson

I wasn't sure where to put this post so will put it here.

But as you may (or may not) be aware of) It is Small business Saturday. So decided to do something for it. I am looking for Businesses in Glasgow Area and Ayrshire Area to take part in a small video I would like to release on the Saturday. It should take no longer than 30 mins of your time. If you are interested, please get it touch will give you all the details.

But would be interested to know is anyone else planning on doing anything for it and remind people that it is important to use small businesses, or whats peoples thoughts on it.

Louise
CEO Resonate Media

Hi Lou, we have a couple of Small Biz Sat threads, so moved you post to this one.

Do we have any Glasgow Businesses that would like to take part in Lou's video? 

Steve Richardson

As i have my own 'little empire' i think local and first-hand is best.

I've always worked in small, family-run stores and now have my own stall and website.

I'm 100% sure that deep down people would prefer to have a friendly local place to go that sells something different and actually have a good old fashioned little chat.

The only attempt i had at working somewhere 'big' was about 6/7 years ago at TK Maxx...it only took me a total of 11 hours spread across 4 days to tell them to take their job, turn it sideways, polish it up nice and good and stick it up th...

Think it's good to remind the average consumer once in a while to think about shopping local or utilising local businesses.

Every little helps as some gigantic company with ropey accountancy practices likes to say

Thanks,
Kempres

Thanks Steve thats better,  

Louise
CEO Resonate Media

Hello,

Yes, unfortunately I'm quite busy this weekend but will be supporting my local Coulsdon Yulefest which includes stalls and always try to use our local independent shops/cafes etc 

#SmallBusinessSaturday hashtag - will start using this now as I have a good Twitter following,

Thanks 

Wendy

Thanks,
Wendy Ager

As good a cause as this is, when you get an e-mail like i did this morning saying the rent on my stall is going up by 25% a week from January 1 you realise that Shopping Centres don't give a you-know-what about Independents. That will be me outta here:(

Thanks,
Kempres

As good a cause as this is, when you get an e-mail like i did this morning saying the rent on my stall is going up by 25% a week from January 1 you realise that Shopping Centres don't give a you-know-what about Independents.That will be me outta here:(

25%! Blimey that's a bit extreme. Is there enough of you traders to band together and put pressure on the shopping centre?

Like you say, doesn't exactly follow in the supporting small business sentiment. Maybe get some press coverage or contact the small business saturday bods, or your local paper.

Steve Richardson

This Thread is now closed for comments