Who cares who killed Lucy? The most ridiculous episode ever...

By : Administrator
Published 20th February 2015 |
Read latest comment - 28th February 2015

So have you been sucked up into this week of EastEnders hype and intrigue? I think the aim was to recapture the Who shot JR hysteria. If you don't know what that means, you're too young!

I am an Eastenders fan, if you've had a really bad day, sit and watching Eastenders can't fail to cheer you up. 

But some of these story lines now are getting dragged out for so long you are past caring. This weeks episodes have been more of a comedy, with old familiar faces getting wheeled in.

Even Gillian Taylforth has been reincarnated! Starting to turn into Dallas, I'm expecting Angie and Den to wonder in next week after waking up from a bad dream.

But the second episode last night, after much expectation I thought was a bit of a let down. It seemed to stretch the imagination to breaking point as pretty much everyone in the square bumped, barged into, hit or squabbled with her. She even said "everyone seems to have it in for me tonight" which I'm sure must have been some tongue in cheek from the script writer.

I had staked a claim on Jane so I was quite chuffed when she was accused, but I'll be honest, I didn't see the last bit coming, and I won't say in case you haven't seen it yet.

At least Tanya managed to get Ian's name right after calling him Adam the other night  Must be daunting doing a live soap, knowing every last move is being tweeted and people are waiting for you to make a mistake!

Anyone else going to confess to being an East Enders fan? 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

I watch eastenders and coronation street (no others), and always have done. When we were kids we also had emmerdale farm and crossroads on the telly every evening too. So it was crossroads, then emmerdale farm then coronation street, then des oconnor or someone like that!

indizine
indizine

I go through stages of watching all of them, some of them, none of them!

At the moment i think Emmerdale is the best one but the ' best one' changes according to Storyline.

Coronation Street is best for 'Comedy' and also has the best, umm, female characters...

Eastenders 'on form' is probably the best overall but when it's 'off form' i can't even look at it.

Oh, and Dallas destroyed the lot of them- can't beat a bit of JR!

Thanks,
Kempres

Went through a stage of watching Emmerdale years ago, round about the plane crash on the village era. It all goes on in these Yorkshire villages! But always got ridiculed by my mates if I owned up to be an emmerdale fan, so peer pressure returned me to Albert Sq and the unluckiest place to live in London 

Wonder if Eastenders will ever run out of steam like Brookside? The Queen Vic can only get burned down so many times, or cars driving into buildings.

On the live shots this week, you could see the Merryl Lynch and HSBC towers in the background, meaning the set can't be for from the Thames. Is that accurate for the real East end? Not being a London bod?

Steve Richardson

I thought it was the scene with Phil where you saw the London skyline?? Which was probably a real location (not on set) as it was live.

indizine
indizine

I thought it was the scene with Phil where you saw the London skyline?? Which was probably a real location (not on set) as it was live.”

Yep saw it there, but also saw it one one of the background scenes in Albert Square. Just wondered if that was accurate. I'm going to have to google it now

Steve Richardson

lol ,ain't got a clue what you on about , I have enough once I see the black cat....It's a long time ago but I got sucked into 1 of these ongoing programs called "Loving" why I don't know but when I came here on holiday in 97 I saw I would never ever get hooked on 1 of these again

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Huge anti-climax!

LawSpark
Post free job ads for UK Lawyers and get Quotes

Huge anti-climax!”

lol, did we expect any thing less

Still don't get how Lauren knew, unless I missed a bit. Or is that the next 12 months story line...

Steve Richardson

What Eastenders could do with is a mass murderer and cull the lot of them, it doesn't even slightly resemble the East end of London. The houses they all live in would now be in the price bracket of £750,000 to £1million regardless of what part of East London they are in. If it was realistic it would have at least 3 pizza, 3 Chinese 4 Indian 4 kebab and 2 chicken nugget takeaways in the square. 

The East end is also multicultural and goes a little bit further than having a token Caribbean family... 

Thanks,
Barney

This Thread is now closed for comments