Solar Eclipse UK style

By : Administrator
Published 20th March 2015 |
Read latest comment - 2nd April 2015

So this is what people were expecting to see...

and this was the expected Twitter reaction....

Did anyone see anything?

I actually slept through it after working late last night, guess I'll have to wait another 10 years 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

Stood in window. Stared at sun.

Noticed nothing.

Several hours on, my vision is still affected. I have to squint my eyes to darken the room a little.

The First Choice for First Aid
From Cardiff to Calcutta...

lol , that has had to be the biggest let down ever ,it was as if nothing had happened down South .The only thing that did was the temperature dropped by 2 degrees and it got a slightly dimmer than it already was as there was full cloud cover

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Well it was a bit of an anti climax after the media decided to pump it up...as they do. When I left home the sun was actually blinding, you couldnt even look in the direction of the sun let alone at it..that was at 8am and by time I got to office 17 miles away, the clouds were out and it was dullish anyway. Then got duller not darker...seen darker days when a storm is due. However when it peaked around 9.30 the clouds mysteriously parted right around the sun like a hole...and we could see the eclipse clearly as there was just enough cloud to cover the rays of the remaining bit of sun. I remember the last one in '99, also not exciting either.

indizine
indizine

You miserable lot!  I thought the solar eclipse was awesome!  It was sunny here and I had the proper glasses so you could see the moon passing across.  I also made a simple pinhole viewer from a cereal packet.  It went really cold when it was at its peak.  The tv coverage was really amazing as well.  I was quite humbled and moved by the whole thing,  nature is magnificent.  

Depends how you compare it to other awesome sights. I think the sight of Niagara Falls is far more endearing personally! And that's not counting when you are 200ft away.

indizine
indizine

I have the same feeling about Victoria Falls, Rhodesia ... Went there was I was about 10 and it is etched in my brain the power and wonder of it all .. Problem is my Dad was caravanner with CCSA and I got to go absolutely everywhere and can remember most of them.. I must of had the best upbringing a child could want .. Although at the time it didn't feel like it as 99% of the time you were driving that's like 4000 KM's driving

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

You miserable lot!  I thought the solar eclipse was awesome!  It was sunny here and I had the proper glasses so you could see the moon passing across.”

Thanks to you I missed it! Was up to silly o clock going through all of your amendments and realising my grammar is crap 

Apparently the kids seemed to enjoy it though using a paper plate, pin hole and piece of paper. They can still see so they were looking the right direction

Steve Richardson

I have the same feeling about Victoria Falls, Rhodesia ...”

There's a name I've not heard in long time. What an amazing experience you must have had as a youngster.

Steve Richardson

lol .. I refuse to call it by that other name ,,well not until he is dethroned that is

Yeah I did , I so do miss caravanning here as it is not the same ,over there once or a month a whole club gets together and every one knows everyone else. Had many a er sober night chatting and messing about till the early hours

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

This Thread is now closed for comments