What an earth is going on with FIFA?

By : Administrator
Published 28th May 2015 |
Read latest comment - 4th June 2015

So the FBI swoops in and arrests 7 members of the FIFA top brass while they arrive for the annual congress in Switzerland to vote for a new president.

It sounds like the plot to a really low budget movie?

Was listening to Radio 2 yesterday where FA chairman Greg Dyke likened previous FIFA annual congresses to dull North Korean rallies, where only the president is allowed to speak, but conceded this years could be pretty interesting

Some great quips about the role of the FBI, and the fact America who isn't really known as a major force in the Football world has probably made it biggest impact!

After years of rumours of corruption and bribery, major sponsors such as CocaCola and Nike now reviewing their positions, I wonder what will happen next?

There has been continual speculation about dodgy dealings regarding the 2018 worldcup to be hosted in Russia, and the 2022 cup in Qatar has been steeped in controversy over temperatures, rescheduling and the impact to national sporting calenders. 

Sweepstake, Hollywood release in 12 months? 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

lol ,also heard it on the radio ..They are all corrupt and all need to be fired and a new organisation needs to be set up that is run by people who care about the game = can only run for 2 years then has to step down ,hasn't it had the same guy in charge for the last 100 years

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

So they got bribed on where the world cup is being held? Wonder if Fifa 2016 will include this. Or better yet the Football Manager game series. Lol.

Thanks,
tsubibo

Can I be the first to name the movie?

Fifa Las Vegas!

indizine
indizine

Can I be the first to name the movie?

Fifa Las Vegas!”

Your wasted in web design.... 

At least they've got a new president in place to stamp out all the corruption and repair the reputation of world football. 

Oh, it's the same bloke as the last 4 presidents...

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

It just came to me like a flash when I saw your post lol sorry, no thinking or skill involved on this occasion!

indizine
indizine

So Blatter has finally stepped down!  It looks like more and more dodgy deals are coming to light.  It's not surprising I suppose but it's really quite ridiculous it's all gone on for so long! 

Oh, it's the same bloke as the last 4 presidents...

No it's not lolol .. Why waste all that money and time is beyond me .. If a company is full of corruption what normally happens ???? .. Hopefully a footballer will get in as president .. But in all honesty I don't really care as football is not for me AS I find it boring lolol

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

I know nothing about football other than, people kick a ball from one end of a field to the other end and then back down the other end and they do this for 90minutes. After this period of time, the spectators of the opposing teams, kick the living daylights out of each other.... Have only ever watched one football match in my life Torquay v Brentford (1974) Boredom kicked in after 10minutes and it's never gone away since then

Thanks,
Barney

lol Barney .. I am a rugby fanatic and am so looking forward to the rugby world cup in a few months time ,it's gonna be awesome.. Sadly I couldn't afford a ticket but would have loved to have gone to see South African play in Brighton 

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

This Thread is now closed for comments