Plse remind me - who else on MLS works in careers advice / counselling etc?

By : Forum Member
Published 13th July 2015 |
Read latest comment - 24th July 2015

Hi All

Am fully retiring very shortly (yippee!) and so want to find someone to replace me as Careers Advisor on another company's web site.  I'm wondering whether any MLS members could do - and would want - this "job"? 

From memory there's at least one other careers company within our group.  

The "job" entails writing fairly short answers (eg 3 paragraphs) to a fairly wide range of adult enquirers' career and job questions.  Most questions can be answered without doing any research by anyone with good knowledge of issues to do with careers development, vocational education, recruitment and resolving employment problems.  It's not a time-consuming role; in an average month there may be no more than two or three enquiries.  When offering advice it's very important to be supportive and constructive - many enquirers feel they won't be able to find a decent job as they can only work part-time and locally.

The main attractions of this "job" for me have been the web link to my own site from a site visited by one of my target audiences and their advisors and the PR opportunity involved in being a guru for that target audience.  I doubt whether the "job" has directly gained me any clients.  I've enjoyed my contact with the efficient and realistic individual sending me the enquiries.

If you're interested in this "job" - or can think of somebody who would be - could you send me an email for more details?  Most of the people I know in the careers world are at about the same age as me so they're not going to be interested in taking on any new professional responsibilities!

I'd like anyone interested in the "job" to tackle two fairly representative enquiries before I put their details forward.  As I've already said, if you've the right background answering these enquiries doesn't take long.   

Linda
CareersPartnershipUK
Comments

Hi Linda,

I've just PM'd you for the details as I've a friend who's interested.

Thanks.

Awww no Linda, you're retiring

You've been with us from the beginning! So any big plans, round the world cruise? Moving to Necker Island?

I hope you stay keep in touch, in between pyms and relaxing, you can rub our noses in it, as well as keeping the advice going as a seasoned business woman. Plenty of people starting out, and they all seem to ask the same questions 

Wish you all the very best, and hope someone comes forward to try and fill your shoes 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

MRB's very kindly found me someone who'll be the ideal replacement! Am really grateful

Linda
CareersPartnershipUK

Thanks Steve. I've thoroughly enjoyed being part of the MLS community and am grateful for all the help you've given me. I've appreciated being able to ask daft questions, knowing I'd be given helpful and well-informed answers. No big plans at the moment BUT there's a kitchen designer coming to see me on Friday AND walking the Leicestershire Round (100 miles of it) might keep me out of mischief for a bit! All best wishes to everyone

Linda
CareersPartnershipUK

Thanks Steve.I've thoroughly enjoyed being part of the MLS community and am grateful for all the help you've given me. I've appreciated being able to ask daft questions, knowing I'd be given helpful and well-informed answers.No big plans at the moment BUT there's a kitchen designer coming to see me on Friday AND walking the Leicestershire Round (100 miles of it) might keep me out of mischief for a bit!All best wishes to everyone

Good luck with the retirement, it sounds like you'll be busy with a new kitchen and a big walk planned! My dad seems to be busier since he retired! 

MRB's very kindly found me someone who'll be the ideal replacement! Am really grateful

Excellent, I'm glad it has worked out for both you.  .  All the best with your retirement!

Linda

Genuine pleasure to have been talking (and posting on here) with you. 

May you have a full, long and happy retirement 

Clive

This Thread is now closed for comments