Big Blue has spoken...

By : Forum Member
Published 19th April 2010 |
Read latest comment - 20th April 2010

Courtesy of Yahoo News...

IBM Corp. said Monday its first-quarter profit jumped 13 percent, and the company offered evidence that corporate technology spending is rebounding after the recession.
IBM said it earned $2.6 billion, or $1.97 per share, in the first three months of the year. In the same period of 2009 it earned $2.3 billion, or $1.70 per share.
The improvement came not just from cost cutting, which IBM relied on much of last year to raise profits. In the most recent quarter, revenue climbed 5 percent to $22.9 billion.
The results beat the average analyst estimate of $1.93 per share on revenue of $22.8 billion, according to Thomson Reuters.

You can read the rest of the article here but is everybody else noticing the turning of the corner from the recession or is it just the big boys (and gals)?
Comments
forum avatarKip FX Design
19th April 2010 11:26 PM
Buddy, I paid of

It sounds really horrible, but apart from having to find somewhere else to buy all the things I would have once automatically bought at Woolworths, and an awful lot of DOOOOOM! being reported in the news, I've barely noticed the recession. But then I'm not a homeowner and I have no debt.

VirtuallyMary

This Thread is now closed for comments