Selling on Amazon

By : Forum Member
Published 9th May 2016 |
Read latest comment - 7th June 2016

Amazon has relatively low competition just now in the UK. Soon the skies will be filled with Amazon drones, any one else want to jump on this opportunity?

I have just started selling 3 weeks ago. Anyone else have experience on Amazon?

There are many methods - FBA, Dropshipping, Private label

I've made over £1200 in the first 3 weeks selling

gbsharman
Comments

I've merged your 2 posts as they basically said the same thing.

Amazon has relatively low competition just now in the UK...

I've made over £1200 in the first 3 weeks selling”

I think a lot of people would disagree with the first statement, it depends on what niche you are talking about, but there is big money to be made on Amazon, or by utilising Amazon services.

Have you made £1,200 profit in 3 weeks, or is that turnover? 

I think it will be a while and a large chunk of legislation before we have amazon drones in the UK, but they are certainly coming, and it not just Amazon.

So no intro, do we have a sales pitch waiting in the wings, or is it just a genuine question? Are you an established business, or your first foray into eCommerce? If so, then well done!

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Yes I think in certain areas it saturated but compared to the US there are a few big gaps in the market (if you can find them).

£1200 sales, £170 profit so far, it's not much yet but I see lots of potential as positive feedback grows.

This is my first business venture since I graduated last year, I'm set up as a sole trader. I'm new to eCommerce but dedicated as I would love to work from home one day.

gbsharman

I'm in the process of launching a side business focusing on businesses looking to add products to amazon. Think there is so much to be made if your smart with the FBA fees and ranking algorithm!

Also agree in as much as its "easy" but profit margins do take a huge hit. We are about to launch 2 new products (in a fitness business) so will report on how those launches go too.

Get on there Steve!

Tom Buckland
SEO Consultant

Also agree in as much as its "easy" but profit margins do take a huge hit. We are about to launch 2 new products (in a fitness business) so will report on how those launches go too.

Get on there Steve!”

Shall watch with interest  Keep us posted!

Steve Richardson

I'm in the process of launching a side business focusing on businesses looking to add products to amazon. Think there is so much to be made if your smart with the FBA fees and ranking algorithm!

Also agree in as much as its "easy" but profit margins do take a huge hit.

I gave FBA a go and it really works if you do the process right (make sure to use camelcamelcamel to check for a consistent sales rank and price)

The trouble was, it was too much initial investment for me. That's why I have been drop shipping - wait till the customer pays, buy from supplier and ship directly to the customer, pay back credit once Amazon pays every 2 weeks, leaving the extra cash for profit.

Virtual Assistants come in handy for time consuming tasks like product listing and research

gbsharman

Following with interest

Enrico
Making you visible online and get you found on Search Engine

Is Amazon your sole source of income? Have you got a supplementary website or other routes of selling?

Fixed Fee Legal Services | Bespoke Document Drafting | Document Templates

Hi, as of now I am working 25 hours minimum wage in an office. The contract ends next month but I am hoping to get to the point of doing this full time in the next couple of months. I also plan to build a website for selling in the future.

gbsharman

Hi, as of now I am working 25 hours minimum wage in an office. The contract ends next month but I am hoping to get to the point of doing this full time in the next couple of months. I also plan to build a website for selling in the future.”

Let us know how you get on and the very best of luck 

Steve Richardson

This Thread is now closed for comments