Britons spend more than 'one day a month online'

By : Entrepreneur
Published 19th May 2010 |
Read latest comment - 1st June 2010

Good news to anyone with an eccomerce site.

British web users are spending 65% more time online than three years ago, according to research of net habits.

Full Article:
BBC News - Britons spend more than 'one day a month online'

Stavros
Comments
Yep - saw that. It's an interesting article.

It's only going to increase more and more over time as more people get comfortable with buying online.

Agree. That can only increase.

Ryan

I wonder how the stats were calculated.

Is it based on the ENTIRE population (including newborns, extremely aged persons, etc)?

Based on only those persons that actually access the internet?

Based on only those persons that actually have the ability to access the internet?

etc

Anyway, numbers were lower than I would have initially guessed if I had taken a shot in the dark on it @ only 22 hours and change per month.

But I suppose my perception is probably skewed a bit given the amount of hours each day that I'm online.

Regardless, definitely agree that the numbers should continue to increase with time. As wireless internet, hotspots, mobile devices, etc continues to become more available - and FASTER - the numbers should continue to keep growing rapidly.

Malok

I also think it depends what they mean by "online".

I mean, my phone is always with me and is always connected to the net, one way or another. I pick up my emails in the same way as I pick up my text messages - I'm not spending all my time "on the phone" but I'm never really disconnected.

VirtuallyMary

forum avatarchris_torkuk
25th May 2010 11:33 AM
Very interesting... I am connected 150% of the time

I am also sure that I spend far more than the average amount of time online. Thanks for sharing the article; extremely interesting to see that almost 25% of people's time spent online is on social media.

Chris

Had a power cut for about ten minutes last night.

I remember power cuts from childhood being about hunting for the candles and wondering whether it would be sandwiches or takeaway for dinner, then having an early night and waking up at 2am when the TV suddenly came back on.

This was more a tut of irritation at having to switch from wifi to 3G. Life is hard.

VirtuallyMary

forum avatarchris_torkuk
26th May 2010 5:35 PM
What would we do without technology ay? Now we're in a world with iPads and soon 4G will be here!!

forum avatarCrislis
27th May 2010 5:02 PM
Hi Guys
I spend a lot more time than that online and so does my husband. My Grandchildren spend a great deal of time online and now even my mother has got herself a laptop and going to classes to learn to surf the web.

Its great news for us guys who make a living from working via the internet because the traffic is going to increase but it also means there will be a lot more competition out there.

Cris

forum avatarchris_torkuk
1st June 2010 8:07 PM
Hi Guys
I spend a lot more time than that online and so does my husband. My Grandchildren spend a great deal of time online and now even my mother has got herself a laptop and going to classes to learn to surf the web.

Its great news for us guys who make a living from working via the internet because the traffic is going to increase but it also means there will be a lot more competition out there.

Cris

My entire family is net-savvy too. I even have my mum (and my mum's friends) as friends on Facebook... Is this a good thing?

Business-wise - all this is very exciting!

Chris

This Thread is now closed for comments