What do you think is the major advantage of using a job board when searching for a job?

By : Forum Member
Published 8th June 2017 |
Read latest comment - 9th June 2017

Applicants have the choice between recruitment agencies and job boards - what do you think is the one main advantage for a candidate to use the job board option?

Recruiting Together - Job Search
We've been matching jobs and candidates since 2012
Comments

By a job board, I presume you mean TotalJobs, Monster, etc.

I've used both with limited success.  Some applications through boards don't get acknowledged as having been passed to the recruiter (or if they have, the recruiter doesn't bother to respond).  Agencies are not as good as they once were.  A local one persuaded me to sign up with them 16 months ago and I've heard nothing since.  Likewise two national ones, one of which couldn't be bothered to go through the registration process.    Not impressed that basic courtesy has been lost.

A friend, at risk of redundancy for the second time, was told by a London agency to look on their website and on job boards.  Recently read that someone had submitted her CV to a number of companies, describing herself as a "Granny type" who still had all her skills and promised to bake cinammon rolls every Friday.  She got a job!

JuliaP

This Thread is now closed for comments