Tesco heavyweight retires!

By : Administrator
Published 8th June 2010 |
Read latest comment - 8th June 2010

The man at the Tesco helm for the last 14 years, Sir Terry Leahy is retiring.

Regardless on your views on supermarkets, from a business point of view, can't argue with how he's built the Tesco brand, and not going to be an easy act to follow!

BBC News - Tesco chief Sir Terry Leahy to retire

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments
forum avatarJohnNash
8th June 2010 12:44 PM
Can't help but respect the man, he's turned Tesco into a real powerhouse.

Having said that, if you'd asked me my opinion on him when I was working on night shift over Christmas in 2001 to pay for University, it was probably a little different!

....Regardless on your views on supermarkets....

Grrrr ..and it's not just me BBC News - Mary Queen of Shops hits out at supermarkets

Though got to agree with you, he did well and if independent shops all act like the Bakery on Mary Portas, Queen of Shops show last night which can be seen again here, BBC iPlayer - Mary Queen of Shops: Maher and Sons then the supermarkets are just going to continue to destroy the smaller independent stores.

forum avatarJohnNash
8th June 2010 1:43 PM
if independent shops all act like the Bakery on Mary Portas, Queen of Shops show last night which can be seen again here, BBC iPlayer - Mary Queen of Shops: Maher and Sons then the supermarkets are just going to continue to destroy the smaller independent stores.

Cringe-worthy and frustrating wasn't it? Fair enough you don't have to agree with everything but at least offer some alternatives. Why ask for help in the first place if you're just going to ignore it?

Yep - totally agree!

This Thread is now closed for comments