Exhibitions

By : Growing Business
Published 19th June 2012 |
Read latest comment - 24th June 2012

Have any of you exhibited your goods on Suffolk show, if yes I would be grateful for some info.

How much was your stall?

Did your business benefited from it? How many leads did you get?

Maybe you exhibited some where else and you can share some info please?

Thanks

Jerry

Amazing Gift Boxes
Comments
I think exhibitions are great place to meet new customers and partners. It's worth it.

taschevapartner

I have heard that you can get a lot of leads but paying 15k for some space at NEC is way to much.

I would have to be 100% sure that I will recoup that.

Jerry

Amazing Gift Boxes

I have heard that you can get a lot of leads but paying 15k for some space at NEC is way to much.

We exhibited at the NEC Business Start Up Exhibition a few years ago. To be honest it was great fun and great experience, but it was expensive and although we made some sales and some good contacts, we certainly never recouped the outlay

But we have done smaller ones, where stalls cost hundreds instead of thousands, and these can be more rewarding. Maybe try some smaller shows and see if the exhibition model is viable?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

We exhibited at the NEC Business Start Up Exhibition a few years ago. To be honest it was great fun and great experience, but it was expensive and although we made some sales and some good contacts, we certainly never recouped the outlay

But we have done smaller ones, where stalls cost hundreds instead of thousands, and these can be more rewarding. Maybe try some smaller shows and see if the exhibition model is viable?

Thanks.

Can you give me the names of the smaller ones you attended or exhibited at please?

Jerry

Amazing Gift Boxes

Haven't done any exhibitions myself. Interested to see how it turns out for others.

Scintillion

Thanks.

Can you give me the names of the smaller ones you attended or exhibited at please?

Jerry

Probably not so relevant, as you're down in Surrey, and we have done local events around Warwickshire, Stratford, Leamington etc although we attended Olympia (no stall) a few months ago at the start up show there.

Have a look around your local area, no doubt local networking groups will put on shows, townhalls are a normal favourite for a couple of business events a year.

Dunno if we have any Surrey members who can offer any suggestions?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Actually I am from Ipswich. I just checked prices for Suffolk show next year and they are not bad.

At the moment I get a lot of people interested in my goods so I am hoping that I will get enough buyers from my website so I won't have to go to the show.

Jerry

Amazing Gift Boxes

This Thread is now closed for comments