Erm... My premises is being burgled right now!

By : Business Owner
Published 11th January 2015 |
Read latest comment - 12th January 2015

Just had the Alarm company call to tell me there's several PIR's that have detected movement in my premises, and it's sounded the alarm.

The lady on the phone was panicking.

She's alerted the Police who are on route in force. Apparently there may be more than one person in there due to the speed of which differing sensors are picking up movement. 

In my Garfield boxer shorts, and sideshow bob hairstyle, I raced for my laptop to log into the CCTV system remotely (Which also allows me to speak over the cameras PA system - meaning I can hurl abuse at these crims).

Damn microsoft is slower when you need it to be fast, but, when I get in, and online, I wait for the connection, and the grainy night vision cameras start showing me screen by screen my pride and joy. 

Scrutinising each screen, expecting to see men with balaclavas, holding bags of swag, and sawn off shotguns, what do I actually see?

A pigeon going mental, homing in on the only light source in the place. A tiny red LED emitting from each alarm PIR. 

I think Ill go back to bed.

The First Choice for First Aid
From Cardiff to Calcutta...
Comments

Thank you ,you have managed to improve my day ... Don't you just hate it when that happens .. But on the bright side at least it is only bird poop you will need to clean rather than a trashed store.Seriously hope everything is OK when you get back there

Thanks,
Andy-C | Pewter World

Thank you ,you have managed to improve my day ... Don't you just hate it when that happens .. But on the bright side at least it is only bird poop you will need to clean rather than a trashed store.Seriously hope everything is OK when you get back there ”

Ah, Ill either cook it, or keep it as a pet tomorrow.

The thing has probably just strolled in through the front door on Friday and hidden somewhere. 

He's got his head down for now after feeding on the contents of someones leftover lunch. Awww... he's so sweet! I'm gonna call him Bert and put him on the payroll! 

The First Choice for First Aid
From Cardiff to Calcutta...

Fantastic! Made me smile, especially as I visualised the slow reacting laptop  If it was me, it would start downloading Microsoft updates, hang, bluescreen then explode in a puff of smoke.

Welcome aboard Bert 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments