Lloyds starts making

By : Administrator
Published 27th April 2010 |
Read latest comment - 27th April 2010

Well if you fancied a risk and bought Banking shares when they were low back in 2009, you will be glad of the latest news from Lloyds.

Although not a shout from the roof tops, more of a whisper from under the douvet..

"Lloyds Banking Group has said it has returned to profit for the first three months of the year.

The news sent shares in the bank, which is 41%-owned by the taxpayer, up 4% in early morning trading.
"

At least the tax payer should get a decent return

Source:
BBC News - Lloyds Banking Group reports return to profit

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments
As you already know MR Richardson I went mega Heavy on Lloyds and there were times when I thought I was bankrupt but I kept the faith and it looks like my patience may be paying off.

Fingers crossed the next 12 months on Lloyds will be a wave of good news.

Stavros

lol, balls of steel Mr Stavros sir We salute you!

Yup was very jealous, but my financial controller (she who must be obeyed) curbed my enthusiasm, and stopped me remortgaging the house.

Said at the time continually that the banks was a sure bet, with so much public money invested, and the chaos of Northern Rock, there was no way the banks would be fully nationalised, and all that tax payers money written off, just before a general election!

Think it was possibly a unique point in history, with the whole world saying dont buy, so game on, and you deserve it!

Shall have to be happy with my RBS stock which I dumped (again) the other day at 55p. can see it's still rising, but my gut said bail and 50% profit can't be sniffed at Never know, if it retraces to the 40's, I'll get back in (again) Been a great cash cow for the last 18 months, but suspect it's now on a gradual climb to the mid 60's, till the goiverment starts selling their holding, then maybe it'll come back down again!

Steve Richardson

I hope RBS does not retrace I am still holding a position on them as well

Stavros

I hope RBS does not retrace I am still holding a position on them as well

Its started, 58.50 down to 56

Steve Richardson

Greece and Goldmans are giving all the banks a good kicking but looking at the volumes sold off on RBS and LLOY today they have shown some good resistance.

It will depened on what happens with Goldmans overnight as to whether they dont nose dive tomorrow morning or not.

Stavros

This Thread is now closed for comments