Fuel costs

By : Entrepreneur
Published 28th April 2010 |
Read latest comment - 28th April 2010

I asked the question elsewhere today and thought I would also include it on MLF. Compared to previous decades say back to 1970 (ish). How does petrol costs compare with wages etc over each decade. In other words are we paying more now or is it roughly the same in percentages compared to earnings etc?

Anyone know?

Mike

bonsai passion
Comments
I was watching economic program the other night and in line with current average income they reckon we are charged less for our fuel.

I will have a snopp on line to see if I can find the programme

Stavros

Although taxed to an inch of its life, I suppose one argument is that your average family saloon is a lot more fuel efficient than its 1970's predecessor.

My missus's A3 will prob do 50% more miles, than the old fella's Anglia or Viva from yesteryear

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Although taxed to an inch of its life, I suppose one argument is that your average family saloon is a lot more fuel efficient than its 1970's predecessor.

My missus's A3 will prob do 50% more miles, than the old fella's Anglia or Viva from yesteryear

I had an Anglia van and seem to remember dropping a 1500 X-flow in it with twin webber sidedraughts. Kept the van dif, it used to climb walls in first and second gear;-)

bonsai passion

This Thread is now closed for comments