People who would like free help

By : Senior Entrepreneur
Published 29th April 2010 |
Read latest comment - 29th April 2010

So today I had a conversation with a company that are looking to start selling their products into the UK and Europe, and the deal proposed was that I buy the equipment from them and sell it to someone else at a profit - ground breaking business idea

So when I explained to them why would I do that without some form of support from them and inducement to do so they could not see what it was I was saying, to give over my time to producing leads to sell their products with no commitment from them.

Reminds me of the time when I guy very kindly offer me a job in sales - the deal was:

1 - I provide a car and petrol to get to appointments
2 - I looked for the appointments and paid for the privilege of using my own phone through my commission

He would buy the equipment and I would get 60% and he would get 40 % of the profit, when I pointed out to him the only thing I was not doing was buying the equipment and that I could do that and take 100% he looked at me blank and thought this guy has a point.

You pay peanuts - etc

tomsk
Comments
Spot-on with that colloquialism Tomsk.

bonsai passion

I've got this sales job going... need to buy your own desk and phone, but will provide bicycle clips if you have to get to appointments..

any takers?

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

This Thread is now closed for comments