Positive energy

By : Forum Moderator
Published 15th September 2017 |
Read latest comment - 28th September 2017

Firstly, let me say this, I am a pessimist by my very nature, that and my dry sense of humour we can blame my father for. I am definitely not the kind of person to waft crystals around or offer to hypnotise you into being a business hotshot. I am a proofreader and a writer.

However, lately I have been open to a more holistic approach as I suffer from anxiety since my son was born and I do find the world an overwhelming place at times. Self-care is an important part of this, good diet, exercise etc., but what I did find interesting recently was the power of energy.

I had a conversation with a friend who is very, how shall we put this, in touch with his spiritual side. I am a big old sceptic and take a more scientific approach. However, we ended up deciding I should focus positive energy into work as he did a mini tarot reading for me (this is so not my thing, but each to their own and I’ll try anything once). This has reaped benefits already and within a week or two I have had three really great work opportunities come through for regular work, which is precisely what I need and a bit of a holy grail in my business (and indeed anyone’s).

What did I actually do though? I certainly changed my mindset, and felt more positive about work and business and felt like I focussed more readily on it. Now I think this basically made me look at my business in a positive way, which obviously reflected in interactions, more marketing perhaps, more networking, some luck and coincidence rather than some magical power. It is interesting what a difference this simple change made though, and that setting goals or aims for the week or month can really make one heck of a difference.  

As a very busy mum of two young children and part time carer for my parents I am feeling the strain of late and this whole ‘experiment’ really did lead to some positive and useful results. I certainly use the term experiment very loosely as there was no hypothesis, control or method to my madness. But perhaps what I have learnt is that just taking a step back and deciding what you need to focus on can help. Or perhaps I need to start believing in energy forces and chakras and wafting crystals. Do you believe in the power of positive thinking? 

NB - no offence is intended to those who offer services regarding crystals, tarot or anything else mentioned in my ramblings

Comments

I'm a big believer in positive thought but also think kids ground you and make you appreciate whats really important. Now where are those tea leaves?

Angela
My views & opinions are my own

I'm a big believer in positive thought but also think kids ground you and make you appreciate whats really important. Now where are those tea leaves?

With my two, what's really important is rum and chocolate at the end of the day

This Thread is now closed for comments