The joys of online shopping

By : Administrator
Published 9th June 2020 |
Read latest comment - 23rd June 2020

Luckily it wasn't a tea set 

Did wonder why the driver was legging it down the drive...

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn
Comments

I ordered Easter eggs (just before Easter) and the box was very similar!! Thankfully they were well packaged inside and survived. I think they get paid so little and it's based on number of parcels mostly, so they rush and this kind of thing happens!! It's a bad business model. 

I think they get paid so little and it's based on number of parcels mostly, so they rush and this kind of thing happens!! It's a bad business model. ”

It's a terrible business model.

It's great for us consumers because we get free or cheap quick delivery. So Amazon and co have an army of zero contract delivery drivers on peanuts racing round the country.

We have no end of old knackered unmarked vans screaming up and down our cul de sac dropping off parcels. They are driving too many hours, going too fast and not paying attention. 

Charge shipping, employ proper trained and paid delivery drivers and problem solved.

Then there will be a riots about how everyone has to pay to get their trampoline delivered and had to wait longer than 12 hours after ordering...

I said in another post the world is gradually improving. I've changed my mind 

Steve Richardson
Gaffer of My Local Services
My Local Services | Me on LinkedIn

Well clearly online wasn't good enough for most, judging by the ridiculous queues outside some retailers today!! I really don't get it. 

I'd be enrage receiving a package in that state.

Thanks,

This Thread is now closed for comments